Claying

More threads by sean sherry

260ebenz

Master
I like this topic and good to see a topic about clay baring here on the Forum.

Excellent tip as ever Uncle Brian hope you do not mind me saying that Brian clay baring the windscreen?

Clay baring also a good way to remove dirt & containments from the paintwork which I have done myself before Concourse.

Once the car has been clay bared the paint surface is so smooooooth and a glass like finish!

Styria

The Godfather
What did you clay it with Sean?[/QUOTE

.........and which car, Sean ? I take it to be the Mercedes, because the Golflooks spot on. BTW, that's a nice, and elegant colour. Incidentally, I was not aware that one could, or should, clay the windscreen. Regards. Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
What did you clay it with Sean?[/QUOTE

.........and which car, Sean ? I take it to be the Mercedes, because the Golflooks spot on. BTW, that's a nice, and elegant colour. Incidentally, I was not aware that one could, or should, clay the windscreen. Regards. Styria

Then Styria, you have not read my previous advice about how to clean all the road oil, bugs, overspray and excess wax from your screen. No matter how often you wash your screen you can never get it as clean as using a clay bar - after that a good coat of Rainex will help keep it spotless for a few months then do it again.
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Ah Brian , I did not know about the Rainex. More words of wisdom indeed. There is so much muck today in Cities and worst of all oil fumes. :D:D:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
What did you clay it with Sean?

Sean,

I am still to find out what did you clay your car with?
Was it a bar of clay or another method?

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
A Bar of Clay Michel, from the local Auto One. Comes in a plastic box with a bottle of lube fluid.
Also,a friend with a collection of immaculate Classic Bikes, swears by Mr. Sheen for glass and body. His Helmet Visors always look like new and stay clean in the Rain. I used it yesterday on the rear glass on my Hatch back Golf after the glass cleaner always left streaks when view through the rear vision mirror.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Jerry and I use a clay 'cloth' as BenzBoy calls it.
It's a normal washing mitten on one side and a clay impregnated cloth on the other side.
Makes claying your car (or any car) a breeze.
You give the car a wash with the mitten side and then another wash with the clay side.

Do it every wash, your car stays shiny and smooooooth:D

260ebenz

Master
Good advice and car products mentioned guys!

The AutoGlym quick detailer is good to use when clay baring well I have found that to be the case when I have clay bared my car.

I did purchase the AG car detailer kit when it was on special @ Super Cheap.

The kit did contain the AG detailing cloth which I found to be terrific others here may care to agree or disagree?

My personal preference is to use the AG car products perhaps the results speak for themselves?

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Some years ago I used an Enjo brand cloth that was claimed to do a similar job and it scratched the first panel I used it on so badly it needed to be cut to remove the marks.
I am wary of unbranded cloths like this from EBay and will stay with what I know works safely.
The day Swissvax releases a clay cloth is the day I will be happy to use one.
By the way, if you use such a cloth at each wash Michel, aren't you simply removing all the existing wax and therefore necessitating a fresh application with each wash?
Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
I wouldn't clay bar more than once or twice a year. Especially if you keep your car in a garage & wash it regularly...