Chip Tuning

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Do you have a Dyno Helmet , to individually tailor each ECU, or are you Flashing a set program via the OBD11 ?
My Daughter has a new Turbo Diesel Hyundai.
I will have a Tuning Box from Germany soon, for my Turbo Petrol Golf, and would like to run a before and after Test. They claim a 15% Plus increase in Power. From 90 Kw to about 110 Kw . But it's Torque I'm interested in, that's what moves the Car down the Road.
The T/box takes about 15 minutes to fit via OEM type connectors.

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hi Sean,
No I don't have a dyno, don't imagine I will need it yet. I am an authorised Advanced vehicle remapping dealer. Most cars can be remapped via the OBD2 port, some require ECU chip tune. I wouldn't recommend fitting an external tuning box, but if you have already purchased it give it a go. What model Hyundai? I will check what I can do with it.

Last edited:
OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Peter ,
The Hyundai is a currant Model mid size Automatic Diesel
Wagon.
Yes ,I have bought the Tuning Box. Was fitted to my first Golf about a year ago. Seemed to work ok. But this replacement car , a March 2015 build , flags a fault code. First Car was a November 2013 Build.VW have obtained a couple of Kw's from the same engine since then, and I presume via the ECU mapping. I have sent the Box back to the suppliers in Germany for them to sort it.
Not as good as a custom ECU modification I know , but for every Day suburban use it should be ok. It is tapped into the Boost signal and the Air Flow sensor. It is also fully adjustable. I'll come over when I have it sorted, to show you. I'll endeavour to do a before and after Dyno run first.