Goldeneye (5694)

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well it seems no one was curious on another thread so I’ll post a separate one here… This car will likely be my last 6.9 & was purchased to replace Moby; which I’m sad to say is beyond viable repair & will be sold in due course. Skye (the Fangio car) recently sold so hopefully the new owner will give it the respect it deserves.

The good parts are that Goldeneye has a full set of books & is complete (unlike Moby). Some of you may notice the bonus discovered in the boot & part of the reason I bought the car in the first place!

The bad parts are rust in the outer sills & under the brake booster but fortunately none in the firewall. Clearly in dire need of a fresh paint job & some attention to the interior!

Plans for the car are to use it as a development vehicle for intake, exhaust & EFI. I also have a boot spoiler & premerger AMG badge which will be added. When the rust repairs are complete, I may consider a colour change to something more unique! Not quite sure about wheels at this point. Oh and some plates that might be fitted if it eventually goes on full rego & not the club scheme.

IMG_6077.jpegIMG_6081.jpegIMG_6173.jpegIMG_3529.jpegIMG_3530.jpegIMG_3564.jpegIMG_3566.jpegIMG_3572.jpegIMG_3545.jpegIMG_6075.jpeg

Styria

The Godfather
It would be beyond my financial and personal capabilities - maybe if I was thirty years younger. Good luck with the project Mark. BTW, is this car now another, or additional 6.9, that you are planning to restore, use for parts etc. etc. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes not a small undertaking but now the herd is much smaller so it’s far more achievable!

Skye is still in my possession and I’ll remove her from my signature when she goes. So all I have left is Moby & Goldeneye. Plus some spare parts of course. Moby will be sold whole to make undercover room for Goldeneye.

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, Golden Eye - now there is a Newie - have you had it for long ? Maybe I should just spend a bit more time on TK. Regards Styria

N.B. No need to put me wise - I still say it'd be too much for me right at this moment. You will need a fair bit of your time to be devoted to Golden Eye.