My 6.9

More threads by Helmet

Helmet

Connoisseur
I purchased this 6.9 a couple of years ago. It had a broken transmission and was a bit rough around the edges. Received it back this week after having a new interior fitted. Thought I would post a few pictures.
P1040103.JPG
P1040104.JPG
P1040112.JPG
P1040113.JPG

260ebenz

Master
Hello Peter,

Great looking 6.9 the interior is looking immaculate!

Who did the interior for you?

Good to see another S-Class which chrome wheel arches!
:D

The 6.9 has AMG wheels and steering wheel?

How many kms has the 6.9 travelled?

Why not bring the 6.9 to the AGD in early 2015?

Cheers.

OP
H

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hello Peter,

Great looking 6.9 the interior is looking immaculate!

Who did the interior for you?

Good to see another S-Class which chrome wheel arches!
:D

The 6.9 has AMG wheels and steering wheel?

How many kms has the 6.9 travelled?

Why not bring the 6.9 to the AGD in early 2015?

Cheers.

Hi Tim, its done 252,000km, Interior was done by Styria and his son.

I LOVE that blue! :eek: I haven't seen too many (any?) with that kind of blue, quite striking.

Great looking car all round, congrats Helmet.

Thanks Andrew, the colour is 931 Magnetite Metallic Blue

260ebenz

Master
Okay good mileage.

Well full credit to Styria & his Son that interior looks superb!

abl567

Super Moderator
And it smells like a new car :D

Styria

The Godfather
And it smells like a new car :D

That's right, and you do know. There had been any number of problems dealing with the interior of the car. Waiting for components, sorting out this and that - it actually meant that I drove Helmet's car on about four or five occasions to Glenorie, South Wentworthville and here and there, including to Anthony's factory..

I got to know the car intimately in that time. Incidentally, lest one think that carpet replacement is simply a matter of replacing the four mats, might be an idea to think again. I have taken some photos, and will submit them in due course. In the meantime, think about this:

Remove all four seats. Two front, and rear seat and backrest

Remove knee pads on both sides and peel off existing covering - I used a mixture of Prepsol, WD40 and finger power.

Remove panels near the driver's and passenger's feet - again, Prepsol, heat gun, and finger power.

Remove centre pillars - cause of long hold up waiting for genuine MB Tex replacement. The material was fairly easy to remove, but recovering is not as simple as one would think. It's the curvature shape that can be troublesome.

Peel off genuine MB backing off the four carpet squares - having that backing in place under the new carpet is of absolute importance as it lends originality, plus allows a nice, cushy fit once the carpet is glued on top of it. Removal of those pads takes time, time, time - you can't just rip it off as that would be the finish of the padding.

Remove seat belt arrangement on centre pillar, remove the four plastic entry step coverings, and pull up all four carpet pieces along interior seat panel. Again, old glue is a bugger to shift. Then you have carpet pieces on the gearbox tunnel (3), and carpet squares under front seats, two more pieces on the bottom of gearbox tunnel, and two pieces that cover the front of the rear seat body part that the backseat sits on.

I appreciate the fact that Helmet from Autohaus One provided us with the opportunity to renew the interior of what is now a quite magnificent car. Hopefully, pictures to follow in due course. Thank you Peter. Regards Styria

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
You say time Styria exactly how much time did it take to carry out the refurb on the interior?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Very impressive.
I got to see it at Autohaus One's Alexandria workshop and can testify that the interior looks great and smells like new.

And overall it just looks very impressive with the blue over light coloured interior, the wheels, the steering wheel and the chrome arches.

Congrat Helmet... it's coming along very nicely.

OP
H

Helmet

Connoisseur
Very impressive.
I got to see it at Autohaus One's Alexandria workshop and can testify that the interior looks great and smells like new.

And overall it just looks very impressive with the blue over light coloured interior, the wheels, the steering wheel and the chrome arches.

Congrat Helmet... it's coming along very nicely.

Thanks Michel

(I have the wheel rings, so see you tomorrow)

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I took the liberty of sitting inside the car, AFTER all the work was completed.
The pictures do not do the car justice.
Absoultely superb!

You really feel as if the interior is a as 6.9 should be, just as Mercedes intended it to be, and as it would have been, just after coming off the end of the production line.

My car also has a partchment coloured interior which would also be my choice, but I think the darker blue rather than the lighter blue, as my car is, is more to my liking.

I am thinking of painting my car with this colour in the lower parts in the darker blue to have a two tone car, much after the style of Styria's.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My car also has a parchment coloured interior which would also be my choice, but I think the darker blue rather than the lighter blue, as my car is, is more to my liking.
I am thinking of painting my car with this colour in the lower parts in the darker blue to have a two tone car, much after the style of Styria's.

I like your thinking! :cool: :p

Oversize

Grand Master
OMG I just wanna eat that interior!!! Styria said MB Tex, but it looks like leather to me. And yes there's finally an interior that does a car of this calibre justice.... About time someone spent some money on their car (!). ;):D:rolleyes:

Oversize

Grand Master
Not so "rough around the edges" now!!!

Styria

The Godfather
OMG I just wanna eat that interior!!! Styria said MB Tex, but it looks like leather to me. And yes there's finally an interior that does a car of this calibre justice.... About time someone spent some money on their car (!). ;):D:rolleyes:

Mark, the seats themselves, front and rear, including headrests as well as arm rests, are all in leather. Only the centre pillars are covered in MB Tex vinyl, as original from the factory.

I have elsewhere referred to trials and tribulations that we experienced as far as the carpets are concerned. Due to warranty issues on the part of the supplier, we may have, in a round about sort of way, another just about complete set for a 450SEL (116033 AND 116036) in the same parchment colour. We can either fit to another car, or supply only. The former is preferred. Just phone on 0428 50 1800 if interested.