Webber is quitting

More threads by 260ebenz

Styria

The Godfather
I am sure that his actions, if correct, would not endure him to the principals and staff of the Renault Red Bull team. I know that winning at that level has to be of paramount consideration, but he should just count his millions and cry in the corner. As I've said before, if it's not one thing, it is another to cause his downfalls. Regards Styria

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Webber is now 37 years old.
It's a common pattern for ex F1 drivers to go into endurance racing.

Besides, F1 for 2014 is an entirely new formula, with 1600 cc turbocharged engines. To me, that makes them no more than glorified go karts.

Having said that, I am quite sure that Renault can develop such a F1 engine to reliably deliver 800 h.p. Relatively, I don't see the RB team suffering a disadvantage.

Oversize

Grand Master
If they have drivers clearly disobeying team orders, then there's big problems within the ranks of RB. He's better off without them but he should've signed with another F1 team, as he had potential to win more races.

I didn't know they were going back to turbos. How do the new engines compare to the last time they used forced induction?

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
The 1.5 litre V6 turbot Renaults of the mid '80s were one lap qualification bombs, but they DID produce up to 1,500 h.p. just before the formula was changed.

These days, the engines have to survive, doing all duties for at least three race meetings.

Oversize

Grand Master
I think that's great news for the car industry as a whole. F1 should be all about new technology and personally I think many of the performance regulations should be dropped

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Did you guys watch the F1 Race from Behrain?

I did see some of the qualifying highlights over the w/end aired on the CH.50 on the idiot box.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Webber's wheel went flying during yesterday's race!

Poor camerman was taken to Hospital but is okay thank goodness!

Webber finished in seventh place.

784899-webber.gif

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Webber's wheel went flying during yesterday's race!

Poor camerman was taken to Hospital but is okay thank goodness!

Webber finished in seventh place.

784899-webber.gif

What a way to say goodbye!!!