Dressing up?

More threads by Martin280s

Martin280s

What do you guys think about dressing up the interior of a classic car?

For example, when I bought my w116 there was no driver seat armrest. I scouted round until I got an exact year/colour match. I know it's not 'original' but it is period. I also upgraded the vinyl console to wood from a May/1979 car.

I saw those rear headrests for sale on eBay not a colour match for me but still, they would be a charming accessory. I don't want a classic old lady to become some kind of parody of herself so enough is enough. I gave up on the Nardi wheel for this reason.

The question is when does dressing up become drag?

116Benz

When it starts to look like the inside of a Cairo Brothel. Same sceanrio will happen to my SE after her open heart surgery. I plan to use the rear seat headrests from the SEL,the timber parts of the dash that will fit, replacing the black plastic, change the door cards over. THEN some sheepskin seat covers. A set of bundt's will finish it off nicely. Thing is....When I get a W126, there wont be much to do to it. Tint the windows, sheepskins some coconut floormats and I think that would be about it.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Martin280S
As long as it is period and authentic accessories, it would be hard pressed to look like a Cairo brothel... (have you seen one :eek: )

BenzBoy....
YOU do not want to enquire :(

Des

From the title of this post I thought it was going to be about something different.......nevermind

:cool:

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

From the title of this post I thought it was going to be about something different.......nevermind

:cool:

That was a one-liners which made me laugh out loud!

116Benz

BenzBoy, Dont know, never been in a Cairo one, never been in any actually. I guess the comment (pinched from someone else) was infering to was chintzy.

LOL Dont worry Des, my initial thought was the same, but I know how Martin's mind works nowdays so it wasnt as big a surprise. :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I did observe a black 300SE in Ruwi that might fit your descriotion of drag. The seats and dashpad and sterring wheel were covered with white lace. Maybe it could start a new trend? :D
Regards,
BenzBoy

116Benz

It could have been owned by a caring elderly woman that has a fettish for lace doillies, and no one has had the heart to tell her when to stop.

116Benz

Thats cute, his exterior matched the cars interior :D

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

It could have been owned by a caring elderly woman that has a fettish for lace doillies, and no one has had the heart to tell her when to stop.

It's certainly better to have a fetish for lace dollies than the blow-up variety!

116Benz

So very true, a blow up doillie though...Dunno how you'd crochet one of those.

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

So very true, a blow up doillie though...Dunno how you'd crochet one of those.

Couldn't leave it on the dash either!

I once heard a story about a woman you kept a fully inflated and dressed 'man-doll' in her car as she used to drive home from work at night. I suppose low-lifes would think there were two people in the car. I hope she never mixed up the doll's stiffie with the gear lever....that reminds me of a Batman and Robin joke!

B and R are going home after a party, B's had too much to drink so he gives R the keys. On the way home R's having a great time driving the Batmobile, changing gears like a racing pro..When they arrive in the Batcave, B says to R..."Ok, now give me a kiss" R looks round and quizzically asks, "What for Batman?" B retorts "You know the Batmobile is an automatic!"

I can't tell jokes very well but, I hope you like it:rolleyes::D

Last edited:

116Benz

PMSL what a cracker. Keep it up :D