Bunnings Warehouse

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
We all watch their TV ads from time to time, don't we ? We are also told how good their prices are, don't we ? .....and that they will match, and reduce any competitor's price by 10 % for the same article, by the same Company...and what is their slogan ? You know, I have just now forgotten,
but I can tell you that you really need to be on the look out for their pricing and that you need to err on the real side of caution with them. Always, but always, double check. Examples:

5 litres Kerosene - Bunnings about $15.00
Big W 10.40 (about)

Re-chargeable Batteries - Varta Brand - Charger plus 2 AA Batteries from:

Bunnings $32.00 plus
Big W 28.00 plus

Crescent Sidecutters: Bunnings $69.00
Flemington markets $20.00

Parks got caught out with the last named. I have, for some time, suspected that Bunnings' deals were not always fair dinkum and, no doubt, there would be many other items that one would discover if you were to double check. In addition, you need to watch K-Mart as well. Parks also priced some timber a few weeks ago. The price per item (not sure of exact details) had risen from , I think, $20.00 to $35.00 for the same thing. Parks might be able to add more precise details. Food for thought ! Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
We all watch their TV ads from time to time, don't we ? We are also told how good their prices are, don't we ? .....and that they will match, and reduce any competitor's price by 10 % for the same article, by the same Company...and what is their slogan ? You know, I have just now forgotten,
but I can tell you that you really need to be on the look out for their pricing and that you need to err on the real side of caution with them. Always, but always, double check. Examples:

5 litres Kerosene - Bunnings about $15.00
Big W 10.40 (about)

Re-chargeable Batteries - Varta Brand - Charger plus 2 AA Batteries from:

Bunnings $32.00 plus
Big W 28.00 plus

Crescent Sidecutters: Bunnings $69.00
Flemington markets $20.00

Parks got caught out with the last named. I have, for some time, suspected that Bunnings' deals were not always fair dinkum and, no doubt, there would be many other items that one would discover if you were to double check. In addition, you need to watch K-Mart as well. Parks also priced some timber a few weeks ago. The price per item (not sure of exact details) had risen from , I think, $20.00 to $35.00 for the same thing. Parks might be able to add more precise details. Food for thought ! Styria

They get you in the door with some great specials and that would make you (after a while) drop your guard and automatically go to their store...

Buyers beware

Parks

yeah I priced some yellow tongue flooring for my new workbench and the price went from $25 per sheet to $35 within 6 weeks, but I agree with what Michel said but I guess people like the convenience of being able to get virtually everything under one roof...
The one thing I do like is how everything has a price on it wether cheap or expensive, atleast you can do costings in your own head, I went to mitre 10 aswell but I walked out of there virtually straight away cos the timber had no prices on them whatsoever, and I didnt have time to go chasing someone to find out prices so I went straight back to bunnings even if they were a lil more expensive, they also gave me a trailer for free so I didnt have to pay them $75 for delivery:eek: so I guess the convenience got me in the end and I will get the money from the pliers back on tax.....:D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
A fair enough point as far as the courtesy trailer is concerned. On the other hand, however, you don't need the trailer to take home the pair of sidecutters and the kerosene.....

I will concede one thing as far as Bunnings are concerned - the service by its staff is quite impeccable. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I will concede one thing as far as Bunnings are concerned - the service by its staff is quite impeccable. Regards Styria

I agree, the staff are very helpful and friendly, although not always knowledgeable :rolleyes:
I recall the time when Bunnings took over BBC Hardware and the staffing levels were trimmed to buggery... you couldn't find anyone to talk to (compared to the good old days of BBC..)
And besides... when you purchase something now, you better have your own bag or box ...