Blue Flame (6301)

More threads by Oversize

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
First step on Blue Flame is new wheels and tyres. Then a cluster swap along with the steering wheel. And if I can work out how to get off the aftermarket gear lever... Then it's on to the expansion tank and revisiting the to-do list.

I have a spares 6.9 which will be the source of the parts to convert her back to petrol, so that will be high on the agenda.

I need to replace the front cross member and weld up those chassis cracks, probably with re-enforcing plates. After all that I'll be much happier.

I have electric seats form a 380SEL and brakes from a 560SEL. Then I'd like to follow Motec's lead with throttle and extractors! Should be fun! I can't wait to hold a spanner again and get my hands dirty on MY cars!!!!!!! :rolleyes::D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh and at last count I have 14 cars including my daily drive!!!! :eek::rolleyes::p

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark adaptor was $130 let me know if you are interested . :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Very cool you have a barn . I am still at my younger brothers till I sort stuff out over here. :eek:

It's still for sale.... (hehe)!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yep I'll have one thanks!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
first Dyno 8AM tomorrow . You will know just over a week later how it goes Genie have agreed to fit throttle body while doing extractors. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Don't forget the video camera! Put it on charge now!!! :rolleyes:;):)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
It'll be very interesting to compare the dyno sheets of not only before and after, but also your old car....

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Apparently dynos can vary wildly in their results when compared to other units. Any word on calibration of the system you're using tomorrow and to what standard?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Will let you know but both runs will be same dyno. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes but what I mean is how does one dyno compare to another? I've heard reports the same car on two different dynos can reveal different results!!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
BTW if I keep posting you won't catch me!!! LOL! :p;):D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes but that is down to parameters entered by the operator . But all dyno runs on my Brown car will be on the same dyno. Will use same dyno when I buy cams and adjustable cam sprockets and add my ported heads. Ps don't care about catching just someone responding to my post which does not seem to be the case with most post. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Headed out to the shed today after some brekkie.... Wish me luck! I so wanna drive the thing!! ;):D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Good luck need them on the road and not on trailers. :D

Styria

The Godfather
Headed out to the shed today after some brekkie.... Wish me luck! I so wanna drive the thing!! ;):D

So what did you do ? Did you just look, did you scratch your head, wipe your tears, or put on your running shoes ? :D You must tell us, Mark. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
In the end I had very little time on that day so it wasn't a great time to start anything. However I did find out some interesting info. Whilst trying to fit the new Centras to the front I found they wouldn't fit as it seemed the pilot holes were too small. But then I found the old wheels used pilot sleeves which were stuck on the hubs. I'll try to get them off when I have more time.

I also noticed the old centre caps won't fit the new wheels since the locator peg is positioned differently and the securing bolt peg is taller. So now I'm concerned the PCD could be different even though the new wheels are exactly the same size and offset. I'm really hoping they're not off a Commodore....

Anyone know how to easily and accurately work out the PCD with just bolt holes and a pilot hole?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
What's wrong with the old centra's surely you can get them refurbished .

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes but it's always good to have spares....

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Don't tell me that I will have to buy 9 and 10 inch Penta's . :eek: