Blue Flame (6301)

More threads by Oversize

Tony66_au

You can get Alloys repaired Mark, even wheels with chunks missing and they will re spin and balance them as well.

The end result has often been a better than original wheel.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Anyone you'd recommend?

Tony66_au

Melb wheel works was good but its been 5 or so years since I've seen their work.

I'll ask a mate who gets this done a bit and let you know

mrkozzy

Never finished
Never mind the car.

I'm more interested in how you maintain a garage with almost NOTHING inside it except the car!
I am astonished at the photo (1st time i've seen it).
I've got 3 cars and not one has ever seen the inside of my garage.
I'm lucky if I can walk inside mine......it's a tight squeeze .

Oh....and by the way......luv da wheelz!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
The CLC was moved in order to get that pic. I do try to keep the garage tidy, with only minimal stuff within. I'd probably store more stuff in there and use it for reasons other than car parking, if the ceiling wasn't so low. I have to duck every time I walk in (I'm 6'2")! The CLC's hatch hits the roof when it's fully open (which I try to avoid). Eventually we'll extend this garage and raise the roof while we're at it.

As far as storing all my other stuff, I have 10 acres to spread it all out. After bringing together 3 houses worth of stuff we needed the space! Much of it is in the large shed (with 2 stables) and I keep Titanic and many car parts in a 40' shipping container. The GF has another shipping container off-site, but that's used to store unused furniture and odds n ends. I still have to consolidate a couple of things; Gold Nugget and Deep Blue are out in the weather and Silver Arrow is in paid storage in town. I have some long service leave starting Thursday and I've already got a long list of things to do... :)

Yes I do really love the wheels and that's why I bought a couple of spares. I've seen other Centras out there but none that look quite as good. It could be due to the offset, the fact the vents are silver not black, or the fact the MB star in the centre of each wheel is quite small. I'd prefer to have them polished and clear coated and I'll post pics when I get started. For now though, my efforts are focussed on Red Bull as it needs less work to get on-road...

Last edited:

Tony66_au

Never mind the car.

I'm more interested in how you maintain a garage with almost NOTHING inside it except the car!
I am astonished at the photo (1st time i've seen it).
I've got 3 cars and not one has ever seen the inside of my garage.
I'm lucky if I can walk inside mine......it's a tight squeeze .

Oh....and by the way......luv da wheelz!

LOL Sheds.. and lots of em!

I found years ago that workshop space is often compromised by parts and good junk so I vowed to keep a few sheds for parts and big equipment.

Id keep a car in a garage over parts any day and its also a safer work environment, considering a cheap tin shed costs a few hundred dollars erecting one behind or next to your garage makes a lot of sense.

WiSeGuYY

Hey MARK , congratultion on winning the bid it is nice to get what you r looking for, well done .

6 ft and few inches is that over 180 cm??

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
188cm....

Shipping containers are the best if you can get them cheap and have the room. Portable pergolas are waaay too portable in high winds (trust me I know)! :eek:

Tony66_au

And they can be turned into great work spaces with a 9 inch grinder and some steel.

I joined 2 x 40 footers for a bud a few years ago and we ended up adding a third just before christmas and then added a safari roof to all 3 to keep the sun off the top and create an airspace so the temps stay lower.

We also extended the whirly bird spinning vent's to clear the new roof and its actually cool in there on a hot day.

Next mission will be to buy another 3 x 40 footers, cut the bottoms out and place them ontop of the existing 3 to give more headroom, mezzanine storage and enough height to fit the hoist.

So dont just quit at one or two Mark and remember to paint them a pleasing colour so the neighbours dont bitch.

Tony66_au

Re pergola's?

Useless and they have a short life span.

Dont even get me started on para-sailing behind one with the help of a stiff southerly.............

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Obviously I'm not the only one that's had the fly-away version (fortunately at no extra cost)! :eek:

I nearly bought a red shipping container but quickly realized I'd have to repaint and the cost & effort required wasn't worth it. Mine's light grey, so it isn't too bad. Rivergum green would be ideal, but that's a project for the future.

Tony66_au

Err yeah, I get Southerly and Souwesterlies howling across this place in Winter, Spring, Autumn..... well anytime basically and usually at 50 Kph plus which is enough to drag my arse off the deck lol.

As for painting them?

Solagard is cheap enough in 20 lt batches and you can get colourbond tints to mix in yourself.

Hire a pressure sprayer for under $100 a weekend and just spray the bugger.

Took us 4 hours to spray a 40 footer even allowing the time I took to paint Meth Lab on the roof in white because old mate wouldnt let me play with the spray gun and gave me the brushwork..... and a roller to do the roof.

Tony66_au

Oh and it got a second coat the following day before the sun got too high in the sky.

I somehow don't think I get to paint anymore roofs unsupervised though although his wife found it funny.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Ok it's action time.... :cool:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yeah baby welcome aboard will that be two tuff cars in Canberra .:D

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, action time? I am really looking forward to further progress on your car(s). As you know, time gets away very quickly. What's your next, first step - so to speak ? We need to put TK to some good use. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
How is the work progressing on your cars Mark . :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Still trying to find my feet after just a few days off. I was back at work today and I will be tomorrow night. Sunday I'm servicing another car but Monday I'll start by cleaning out the very messy barn. I think I left a few cars in there.... :eek::rolleyes:;):)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Very cool you have a barn . I am still at my younger brothers till I sort stuff out over here. :eek: