The new "WGB"

More threads by WGB

WGB

Here are a few photos of the new "WGB" complete with it's plates and a wash today. It has already covered 1330 km in 10 days.
It is an S350 - Black with Black interior and Eucalyptus trim.
The only options are the dark windows and the 20 inch wheels.

DSC_6301_zps5c44e851.jpg

DSC_6303_zps1ba61fa4.jpg

Milly is the guard dog.

DSC_6307_zps4060be1e.jpg

In total the car has seven video cameras and when you press the button for the forward view this little flap opens in the grill

DSC_6321_zpsa54bb376.jpg

Keeping the 20 inch wheels from kerb scrapes will be a challenge.

DSC_6318_zpse16f76f3.jpg

Here is a shot of the interior using a flash which shows up the contrast of the black with the wood.

DSC_6350_zps40719b8e.jpg

Here are some interior shots without flash showing the purple night time interior lighting - there are seven optional colours which can be chosen from the body control. The colour is exaggerated by the slow shutter speed and really looks more like a rich blue to the naked eye.

DSC_6339_zpsf899a7dc.jpg

DSC_6347_zps016b562f.jpg

So far still very happy that M-B couldn't supply the CLS.

Bill

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Very nice car Bill enjoy. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That is an awesome looking car Brother Bill (almost sinister :p).
I'm sure you'll find joy and happiness with it.

OP
WGB

WGB

I was shown the auto park - both parallel and right angle but it takes as it's guide the outside edge of the adjacent car. If you park behind a narrower car parked close to the kerb you could have an issue.
The 360 degree camera seems a better aid but doesn't give a clear picture at night.

Bill

OP
WGB

WGB

Motorway cruise to Mandurah on Saturday with Cruise set at 113km/hr and result was 5.7 litres/100km - I never owned a mini that was that easy on fuel.

It is a bit spooky that the car will continue to steer around a corner itself for a fraction longer than I want it to do and the steering will fight you for a split second.

Equally if you cross or come near a solid line without indicating it brakes the two offending wheels on that side quite violently and unexpectedly - and it happens quite often, but maybe my driving might improve.

There is however a readily accessible button on the dash to switch all this off if you want.

Bill

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Did you go to the Boat show on the weekend Bill. :D Scary fuel consumption figures by the way. :D