Ford Falcon LPG For Sale...

More threads by -bb-

-bb-

Noble
http://tinyurl.com/6rzoqr

...no, it ain't a Merc, but its a very nice car and cheap to run for someone who wants a daily driver. On the market because the lease is up in a couple of months and it's worth more selling privately. If it isn't sold just before the end date, I'll trade it or send it to auction.

I still have no idea what to replace it with.

Admin: If I shouldn't be advertising non Merc's here, let me know and I'll take it off.

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi bb, super looking car with some very, very nice and desirable features. It is no surprise that it sold as quickly as it has. Well done, Brendon - more funds for the venerable Milan Brown "baby" :D Regards, Styria

OP
B

-bb-

Noble
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's a very nice car and has served me well. Most of the money goes to paying out the lease. Dont worry though Styria, I have already allocated a budget for the Merc, so it isn't going to be forgotten about. ;):D

The bloke rang me today and said he will be here in the morning (from over near Wollongong) to pick it up. My problem now is that I still dont have a replacement car nor do I have an interim one. The Merc is still away, so it's off to Hertz tomorrow I suppose.

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi bb, so what's happening with you these days ? Have not heard from you in a while. How did you go replacing the Ford, and is the 6.9 still in hospital ? Regards, Styria

OP
B

-bb-

Noble
Hi bb, so what's happening with you these days ? Have not heard from you in a while. How did you go replacing the Ford, and is the 6.9 still in hospital ? Regards, Styria

Hi Styria (and everyone),

Still here, just been working long hours lately as well as being away for a bit.

Have not replaced the Ford with anything proper... yet, so I drove Mr Hertz's car for a week and then picked up a good SV21 Camry as an interim measure. It's in very good condition and will do fine for something to drive around in for a bit.

In terms of what to replace the Ford with... I have actually been sniffing around a couple of grey imports (Nissan Stagea and Toyota Aristo); they seem to offer a ####load of car for the money. If I were to get one of those, it would be something 4 door and turbo with automatic trans, but would be completely normal looking with maybe a set of nice wheels. I really dont like all the big bodybit crap and the milo tin exhaust rubbish.

On the other hand, with the way petrol is going, I might end up in another LPG car.

When I was up in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, the 6.9 was still undergoing rust surgery. The front guard was off and it had bits of new metal welded in the firewall and the guard. The sills and any other rust found were the next stop. Didnt have a chance to chase it up this week, but he is doing the repairs on the side, so I am not going to bother him and just let him do it at his own pace.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
bb

I have a few benzes if you are keen to drive a Benz instead of Mr Hertz'...
I could do you a deal.... :D