1962 Lagonda Rapide - David Brown

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
We have in the past talked about David Brown's initial "master piece". I even managed to find a test. This was one car I had set my heart on buying. Regards Styria

Attachments

• 1962 Lagonda Rapide_NEW.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Well it's certainly unique, but I won't be trawling the net to buy one!!! Each to their own! :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That frontal treatment is very reminiscing of the Rolls Royce/Bentley Continental of the mid-sixties (otherwise dubbed the Chinese eyes).

Nice looking vehicle though, with its unique character.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
This is a very special Lagonda, from the thirties, with V12 cylinder engine. I have read about this engine in days gone by, but cannot recall the exact details - complexity is one word that comes to mind. Maybe one day I'll be able to find out further details.

This engine, by the way, was also used in some of the very late thirties Saloons and Convertibles, and all sell for a fortune today. I was privileged to see a number of them when they were owned by a gentleman by the name of Jim Whitehead, who lived in a magnificent home in Warrawee, and he was the designer/architect of Bankstown Shopping Centre. In addition to those huge Lagonda LG6s, he also owned a British Racing Green 1962 Rapide. Lucky, and smart, devil. Regards Styria

Attachments

• Lagonda Rapide - '30s_NEW.pdf
    895.8 KB · Views: 1