Winding Road - Internet Magazine.

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
It was in January/February that I came across this Internet Magazine, and it was the 1st issue that really appealed with its quality of coverage and the excellent photos, texts and information they were able to combine in an excellent publication. I stayed with them up to the issue of about 24, but for some reason I then had a break as a significant change occurred with the contents of the magazine, and it then no longer really held my interest to the same degree. The Magazine is still published on the net, and I still feel that it has significant merit to retain on my PC by way of saved documents.

For instance, issue 13 deals with a number of quite remarkable and delectable/desirable Motor Cars. There are 104 pages to get your teeth into, and whilst members will be able to chose their own articles that may be of interest, I myself was taken by the beautiful interior of the Lexus LS460, shades of Patrick's S430 (?), as well as the M109R Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser. I have only ever seen one in real life which would belong to a staff member of Westmead Hospital, and when I first spotted it front on, it looked a bit like a Maxi Scooter. Closer examination, of course, revealed its origin, and information on the web quoted an engine capacity of 1800cc with a five speed gearbox connected to the rear wheel by drive shaft a la BMW and also Suzuki GS850 (I used to own one of those - that's a story for another day perhaps).

Has anyone ever heard of a Brabus Unimog - I hadn't, yet the Magazine provides some pertinent details and photographs. Now don't forget, this is the Black Edition and to use a well coined advertising phrase, it would eat Dodge Rams for breakfast - never mind the ordinary Toyota or Ford Raptor or, indeed, the VW Amorak. As at time of publication, there were two of those Unimogs in existence. I wonder if they kicked on. There is some pretty interesting other stuff as well, but I'll let you boys find it. Regards Styria

N.B. My sincere apologies - whilst it appears that there is an option to copy and paste, my present set-up, as I know it, does not allow me to paste. I will work out some way, but I might need a little help to get it organized. The Acura video, as shown, is straight from You Tube, and not from within my system.

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Still trying to find a way to post the original Winding Road, Issue 13. In the meantime, you may wish to ignore the previously posted Honda Acura (even though I do quite like it), and I have located just a quick run-down on the Suzuki M109R Boulevard Cruiser. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I have also located an advertisement which, if nothing else, illustrates the most unusual styling of the Brabus Unimog. It has a six cylinder engine of humongous capacity, a top speed of about 57 miles p/h, six forward (I think) and four reverse gears. It is quite a baby. Regards Styria