Volkswagen up gt

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Why am I showing details of this driving test? In short, the VW Polo has carried all before it for this 2013 Rally season, wresting the championship from the Citroen (C4?). Unless I am mistaken, it is probably the first hot hatch to utilize both A Spercharger as well as Turbocharger. I do think it is a fairly significant vehicle, especially in the small car segment. Regards Styria

Attachments

• Volkswagen UP GT.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Geoff, I was not aware that the two cars you mention were both supercharged and turbocharged. Maybe I am wrong - not sure, but I'll stick to my beliefs. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria Read down on link and it will tell you the Lancia was a Group B rally car (To Fast to Race) Duke Video. :D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Geoff, it would appear, no it is so, that the Lancia Delta Group B Rallye Cars were in fact both supercharged and turbo charged. Okay, think about this, though. These Group B Cars were just about on a par power wise with F1 Cars of that period. They were wild, very special, unmanageable but by the very best of drivers, and the cars were banned in the end because they became too powerful and difficult to manage.

So, take the Polo. Innocent little hatchback, innocuous looking at best, as quiet as a kitten, and Mum takes the brats to school everyday - that is if the huge four wheel driver is out of action - thus on that score it stands on its own almost some thirty years later. That's why I have copied the "Drive" by EVO magazine. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The Lancia Delta S4 was both supercharged and turbocharged in 1985. I know; I have driven one and it flew like a bird. It still does. It produces in excess of 500 BHP.
Regards,
Brian

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, I haven't done an internet search, but I would hazard a calculated guess that cars of that calibre, with the rich rallying history, would attract a very hefty premium if one came up for sale. They are no longer unwanted bangers, but historic treasures. Maybe you could have bought one at some time considering you were really into Lancias.

What a pity that today we only have the name, and its glorious past - well, most times. Bring back the name. Regards Styria