Vacuum Door Lock issue.

More threads by 300SDude

300SDude

So, while I had the panel off earlier this winter, I noticed why my locks are not working. There seems to be a piece missing from between the actual lock itself and the lever that actuates the vacuum system. (That little lever WILL NOT reach the hole in the actuator).

Does anyone know what piece is missing? This will make my locks work. Since I can get to it, I can move the actuator and the other three locks open and close.

doorlock500.jpg

Thanks,
300SDude

OP
300SDude

300SDude

This explains it better.

5c466dc8.png

By looking at that picture, half of that little thing that goes through the actuator is broken-off and missing. I have tried to get the two pieces to come together, but there is now way they are going to reach each other!. I bet I can find the broken piece in the bottom of the door, lol. Maybe, I'll try and jerry-rig something to make it work.

Thanks,
300SDude

Tony66_au

Id suggest at a pinch that some hard fencing wire would do the trick here Dude, Aussie fencing wire is usually all high tensile these days and comes in very very handy for this sort of stuff and even making supporting brackets.

And all you need is a good bench vice to bend em up.

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Yeah, Maybe I will try something like that. I am sure I can figure something out. I just wanted others opinions that I wasn't just missing a piece. I am not missing it, it's just broke, lol.

Thanks,
300SDude

OP
300SDude

300SDude

My pleasure!

Let me know how you went if you do go the wire route.

Tony

We live on 40 acres......I am sure I can find SOMETHING around here to make it work, lol.

300SDude

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Dude, if you want a replacement piece, just let me know your address and I'll post it free of charge. No need to comb your 40 acres of snow looking for something suitable. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Hi Dude, if you want a replacement piece, just let me know your address and I'll post it free of charge. No need to comb your 40 acres of snow looking for something suitable. Regards Styria

It looks like the s-hook part?

After looking at it again in the picture, that is definitely what happened to it, it has just broken-off.

Thanks Styria! I'll message you my addy. :)

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

Hey DUDE , the car is garaged this part of the year , no need to rush , wait till spring then the snow melts and can harvest the 40 acres with metal detector.

REGARDS

TAREK

P.S If i'm freezing in CAIRO i bet you would make a snowman out of me in SEATLE( shaking from vizualizing your 40 acres of snow)

OP
300SDude

300SDude

we have 9 buildings here, I am sure I can find something in one of them that would work. Actually though, it's about 30 degrees (32 is freezing) in there right now, and about 5 degrees colder than that in the building, so I won't be doing it anytime soon, lol.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

Hey DUDE , don't tell me you are real CALI man ? what are you doing in ESSKIMO LAND ??seattle is good while raining but not that cold , i bet you see all white if you look out of the window , your VEGY serum will freez too then you need to fry some french fries to warm it up , hope your bears don't finish all your supplies.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Hey DUDE , don't tell me you are real CALI man ? what are you doing in ESSKIMO LAND ??seattle is good while raining but not that cold , i bet you see all white if you look out of the window , your VEGY serum will freez too then you need to fry some french fries to warm it up , hope your bears don't finish all your supplies.

REGARDS

TAREK

Actually, it's funny, but yes, I am originally from Southern California. I spent 27 years there, and have lived in Texas a couple short times and then here in WA. (13 years in April).

I actually kind of like living in the snow. And I certainly wouldn't change the fact that I cannot see my neighbors unless I drive somewhere, lol.

Seattle is on the other side of the state from us. I am more towards Idaho and Couer D'Alene, ID., and Spokane, WA. The weather is very different over here as opposed to the coast. The summers remind me somewhat of California, but not nearly as hot!

I just posted some pictures this morning on facebook of all the ice I have at the moment. It has been raining and freezing, so everything is ice at the moment. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2785137721072.141486.1637150440&type=1&l=5480cf2335

And it's funny that you mentioned a bear........when we first started processing our own oil, we were doing it semi-in the open in one of our buildings. I went in a couple days later and a couple of my 5 gallon buckets of oil were missing. Then the next day there was a 55 gallon trash can I used for oil stuck between the barn doors. While we were there cleaning it up, thinking maybe it was racoon's or something......here comes this bear walking towards us from down the hill. Our Suburban was between us and him, but still, he was only about 20 feet from us. we just stood still wondering what he was going to do, but he turned and walked back up the hillside.......apparently along the same path he'd taken before, for I found my missing 5 gallon buckets right up there, lol. So now, I do all my oil processing in a locked grain silo, that there is no way in hell he could break into that!

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

LOL DONNIE . i can't live in snow that for start , i did visit and lived few years in northen states ( my young brother is an american citezen -a SHRINK) so i had the opportunity to live in and visited many states but to tell you the truth i only ENJOY FLORIDA - it might be humid and hot for most but i feel home there maybe cause rthe climate here in EGYPT could be similler . never been to CALIFORNIA thgough my wife was there few month back and to las vegas too ( i'm not allowed ) cause she is scared i go gamble LOL.

BACK TO SNOW - i hate snow and your pictures let me shiver from cold LOL
REGARDS

TAREK