The C250 review so far.

More threads by mathew

mathew

Ok on the way back from Sydney the black beast clocked over 22,000km so I figured it's time to share my view on the car so far.

Keeping in mind my daily driver was an old 420SEL so it loved fuel:D:D This toy is simply amazing on the free way I'm averaging 6.7ltr per 100km and no I'm not being gentle. There is no shortage of overtaking between Sydney and Wagga and I often spool that turbo up. Around Wagga it's averaging 8.1 per 100 on the urban cycle that's less than half what the 420 drinks lol.

The car went 15,000km before asking for a "B" service which was carried out at West Star Auto's for $360 almost half what Mercedes wanted. Mercedes are priced fine for an "A" service but $700 for a B serv is a joke when you look at what they do!

Faults to report none, not a single glitch. I did have a truck throw a stone into the bumper leaving a nasty chip:mad::mad::mad:. Needless to say I raced down to Mercedes to get a touch up stick and it matched perfectly you could never tell where I touched it up.:)

The sound system is amazing and the navigation system actually works far superior to my Navman a first for Mercedes I'm told. Tyre wear is excellent and the interior materials are top notch. I reckon you could sit on the seat for half a million km and still see no wear!

The headlights and wipers auto function, are simply superb in the dark and the worst of storms. The boot swallows a huge load of luggage and the handling is simply brilliant. Would I recommend one hell yes, that 250 engine has no end of power and uses very little fuel a great car indeed!

DSC_0065.jpg

260ebenz

Master
Fine review for a fine car if you ask me.

When I spoke to you on Sunday night Mat you were driving the C250 on your way to Nowra.

Mat was telling me how impressed he was with the car he did mention the fuel economy and the driving lights the Bi-Xenon lights are working a treat Mat!

That damn truck and the stone chip on the bumper annoying but fixed with the MB touch up paint stick.

B Service price not bad Mat!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car mate.

Cheers Tim.

260ebenz

Master
Mat did you end up getting a set of new Kumho tyres for the C250 and the 420SEL are you happy with the Kumho's?

Talking about the new C-Class model.

My Cousin has bought a 2011 C350 AMG Coupe purchased from MB in Melbourne he is wrapped with the car!

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Matt nice to hear you are having a good run in your new car. Pity about the truck but that is a hazard living out in the boon docks i guess LOL i used to live at Ariah Park .Parents owned the Foodland store . Geoff :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Aren't they just wonderful!? Looking forward to that sort of economy! :cool:

WiSeGuYY

hey MAT, i loved the photo of your 420 , what a gorgeous car it was and fine description on your new c250 what a cool innovative car specially the engine if it is like the ones sold here it then equipped with the CGI engine 1800 cc i guess it will hit success as it is mixing luxery with econmy that is the berilliant of the c series.

my experience was a bit different since i have my old benz which is 280 s with 2800 cc and never ever failed me since it served me since 1990 till it is retired in 2008 ( when i change my daily ride to BMW x3 ) till the day , of course the technologies between 85 and 08 is huge i admit but i still love the new baby.
in 2011 we added a new baby the C300 AMG , what a car , i was not looking for saving in consumption as i was looking to regain the faith in MERCEDES BENZ
honestly the C300 let me enjoy driving and the car was full of all gadgets like glass top and all other details of the AMG spot pack which reveal the different between a w201 i used to own in the 80's and the new w204 which is the grand son now produced and i expect it will carry the slogan for the next coming years , i know still the C63 and C350 could be better in performance but my C300 is quit enough for our streets and my AGE.

REGARDS
TAREK