Steve McQueen 6.3

More threads by motec 6.9

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I've never got the appeal of celebrity owned cars, but obviously people value them (for real Celebrities) as prices are often hugely inflated.

In fact the opposite, I have a belief that overall celebrities don't look after their stuff very well....

260ebenz

Master
Nice looking 6.3!

Wow check out the price I guess being cool does come at a price?!
:eek:

abl567

Super Moderator
It's been for sale on and off for ever. And it's a 20 foot car at best. The late Art Love found it in a LA car yard in the '80's looking very sad. He wasn't aware of its history at the time.
If you want cool and celebrity in a 6.3 you can't go past David Crosby's old car.
It has a hidden compartment in the console cover under the dash where he would stash his hand gun! There is a knob on the dash to match the hazard flasher switch with a bowden cable to release the catch.
Mike Morris, the M-100 group VP owns it now

260ebenz

Master
Talking about Steve McQueen didn't his Ford Mustang Fastback feature recently on one of the car shows on telly the car had not been seen for many years?

c107

and 111/116/124/126
It's been for sale on and off for ever. And it's a 20 foot car at best. The late Art Love found it in a LA car yard in the '80's looking very sad. He wasn't aware of its history at the time.
If you want cool and celebrity in a 6.3 you can't go past David Crosby's old car.
It has a hidden compartment in the console cover under the dash where he would stash his hand gun! There is a knob on the dash to match the hazard flasher switch with a bowden cable to release the catch.
Mike Morris, the M-100 group VP owns it now

Ha ha David Crosby, now there was a wild man.

Styria

The Godfather
The dark colour certainly enhances the appearance of the chromed/shiny alloy embellishments. Well, it's pricey, and maybe someone will pay that kind of money. To me - no. 6.3s are very, very special and need very, very deep pockets plus knuckles out of steel, but there you go- who knows. It certainly is a stunning looker, although one would think that they could have replaced the dash top. Just my two bobs' worth. Regards Styria