speed cost money

More threads by motec 6.9

Styria

The Godfather
Walnut was standard on all 6.9 vehicles.
However, as we all know, MB would oblige even if you wanted plain back (as long as you paid for the inconvenience) :D

Michel, walnut only became standard probably in 1978 (or 1977). However, early models actually came without timber embellishments. E.g.,early models had plain heater and gearbox console vinyl covers as on some of the other LESSER models. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria as promised some more pictures will take better ones tomorrow found someone has taken my ad card from camera. Car has emergency rubber blocks and spare is original Michelin xwx. So i dont think i will use the spare.

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0436.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel, walnut only became standard probably in 1978 (or 1977). However, early models actually came without timber embellishments. E.g.,early models had plain heater and gearbox console vinyl covers as on some of the other LESSER models. Regards Styria

Thank you Godfather....
We are on a continuous learning curve! :)

Styria

The Godfather
Whoa,whoa.......some very substantial prices to make your eyes water. For instance, one isolated huge worry - Warm Up regulator. Price on application ! Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria I didn't say cheap speed cost money LOL. But more pertinent is that this company owns the tooling and rites to Bosch k jet now so if you need a new part. Guess who you call not Bosch. :eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi. Brian they list up to Ke Jet you will need to contact to find out about motronic . But it is possible as they have all the old. Bosch tooling. Geoff

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria the compressor was just on 310 landed and about 280 for evap. Have asked for pictures will scan final bill and pictures next week when I pick up car. I have not worked out cruise yet . :D

Styria

The Godfather
Well, it looks as though they have priced themselves out of business. Quotation 404 - Page not found. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes damn shame many of the links here no longer work. I was looking at this thread only yesterday while trying to track down some cam info. Seems the years & more recently COVID have not been kind to businesses, particularly the manufacturing sector.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Speed cost money how fast do you want to go . May need to build to dry lakes spec just saying

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Thank you Brian

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
The 5 speed transmission upgrade is something I would still like to do . And is very doable with several control boxes available aftermarket for the transmission