Silver Aussie 6.9 for sale

More threads by Oversize

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark if the mileage is correct and its in Victoria you would be mad not to look at this car. :)

Styria

The Godfather
It's not all that bad a car - however, given its mileage, in surprisingly used condition. There'd be a bit of money required to bring up to scratch and where you could say "I am done now" , such as cracked dash, no headlight wipers, the rust in evidence now, plus there would be quite a few jiggly things that one would want to have put right - or should I say that they may not be right e.g.the things you can't see. Somehow I don't think it's a screaming bargain. Regards. Styria.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark thanks for the chance to increase post count. And Styria there are very few 6.9 now not requiring major work as the newest is now 34 years young.

Attachments

• $_90.jpg
    $_90.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 1
  • $_91.jpg
    $_91.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 1
  • $_92.jpg
    $_92.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
  • $_93.jpg
    $_93.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 0
  • $_95.jpg
    $_95.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 0
  • $_94.jpg
    $_94.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 0
  • $_96.jpg
    $_96.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 0
  • $_97.jpg
    $_97.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
  • $_98.jpg
    $_98.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 0
  • $_99.jpg
    $_99.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 0
  • $_100.jpg
    $_100.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1
  • $_101.jpg
    $_101.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 1

Styria

The Godfather
Geoff, I am realistic enough to concede (perhaps wrong choice of word) that a thirty year old car will more than likely require at least cosmetic work. Obviously, this car is no exception - the difference is that there can be cars found that have already had a lot of those little (and big) things attended to and sorted before they come on the market. That is the fundamental difference. Regards. Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And seeing as most of those have had repairs done that I would re do as I think the work has been very poor . I would prefer to buy a car in original but good structural condition requiring the work. Like my own 6.9 . I looked at a few that I was not happy with the work over the last few years. Having done cars to show standards I am very critical and picky about paint work. :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I was interested in the Car with new GAHH leather you were talking about but after repeated request for pictures you never came through. :(

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
6.9s are getting hard to find.... And good ones are near impossible! :eek:

BTW it's missing the washer bottle too

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
That's not an issue GB is missing it as well. Oh that's rite it has that funny looking alloy tank. :D:D:D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Ok let me correct my previous statement. people who stand in glass houses should not throw stones. The last pictures seen of GB missing trim interior work still to be completed and other problems. If your car is not immaculate and does not pass as a concourse car then keep your opinions to yourself as you are in no position to judge. Yes they are old cars and most require work. Really as your car does not pass muster it makes your comments seem to come from someone who is jaded and burned out . With nothing but negativity coming from your comments on any 6.9 shown. Let lose the Ferrets of War. :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
6.9s are getting hard to find.... And good ones are near impossible! :eek:

BTW it's missing the washer bottle too
I missed that. New ones have not been available for some two to three years, and last known price in Oz Country was somewhere near the six hundred dollar mark. I guess that's one more item to add to the 'to do' list on the car. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
And seeing as most of those have had repairs done that I would re do as I think the work has been very poor . I would prefer to buy a car in original but good structural condition requiring the work. Like my own 6.9 . I looked at a few that I was not happy with the work over the last few years. Having done cars to show standards I am very critical and picky about paint work. :)

From what I have seen, your car appears to be in better condition than the one being advertised. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I was interested in the Car with new GAHH leather you were talking about but after repeated request for pictures you never came through. :(

Dear Geoff, seeing that you have disposed of the car, was there any need to bring this up ? I have noticed a couple of times, there is a bit of 'pick pick' going on - the washer bottle is another instant that I can quote that seems to fall into that category. May I respectfully ask that you start going easy........Regards. Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I will if you stop trying to be so critical on cars as old as these. As for picking I was going to ask were I could buy one to be honest. The alloy water bottle that is. :)

Styria

The Godfather
I will if you stop trying to be so critical on cars as old as these. As for picking I was going to ask were I could buy one to be honest. The alloy water bottle that is. :)

Unfortunately Geoff, you don't seem to understand the difference between being critical (because I am supposedly jaded), or offering a qualified and well proven opinion on experience gained over more than forty years. There is something that Mark says in one of the earlier posts and I sort of quote - "it is becoming almost impossible to find 6.9s in good condition nowadays". Maybe you like to suggest that young Mark is jaded as well ?

So, there is at least one other TK contributor that shares at least some of my opinions or degree of assessment. Another one, believe it or not, is you. Haven't you indicated that the paint on your car is a bit crappy ? How could you criticise it - should you really ? You might also be standing in a glass house ! Yes, let's stand in one together, all friendly and chubby with each other. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Ok let me correct my previous statement. people who stand in glass houses should not throw stones. The last pictures seen of GB missing trim interior work still to be completed and other problems. If your car is not immaculate and does not pass as a concourse car then keep your opinions to yourself as you are in no position to judge. Yes they are old cars and most require work. Really as your car does not pass muster it makes your comments seem to come from someone who is jaded and burned out . With nothing but negativity coming from your comments on any 6.9 shown. Let lose the Ferrets of War. :eek:

Geoff, if you say all that again, you may actually believe that you are correct. I'll make no further comment now, or respond to any other diatribe. Just get on with your life, and be nice to everybody, including jaded and burnt out Styria. Regards.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I was going to let this die but (Somehow I don't think it's a screaming bargain.) No body has said anything about price which current bid is $4750 Reserve not meet. I don't think Marks comments were in agreement (6.9s are getting hard to find.... And good ones are near impossible!)
As for the car with GAHH interior I wanted it to replace my old car. And would still be interested once moving east in the car. If I am critical about my car its because I don't hide its blemishes . My point was every time a W116 is posted even done up ones you say this or that is not correct. And seeing as so much is NLA just the fact money has been invested to keep it alive and looking good should be enough. I don't care 1 bit about originality Concourse is not and probably never will be my thing. I look at all 6.9's for sale and apart from the low mileage one you posted about selling over east and the Ex Reg Hunt White 6.9 over here I no of no other 6.9's in this country that I would be happy not to touch. But I don't give opinions unless the car is clearly nothing more than a parts car. I Just don't want to continue this conversation so lets agree to let it die. I see comments as being negative very easily at the moment and yes that problem does come from me which I have admitted. I just don't want to see comments about what is wrong with cars that have given me a reason to try and move forward at the moment. So lets agree to disagree shall we. AND NO MORE COMMENTS ALONG THESE LINES.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I see no problem in highlighting issues with cars for sale so a prospective purchaser is more informed. Hell, many people can't tell the difference between a standard 450 and 6.9. Just like this guy who thinks it has pneumatic suspension!

I think both of you need to think about each others circumstances ATM and refrain from making personal attacks on a public forum which may effect TK patronage. If you must have 'words' do so via PM.

End of (minor) rant

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Subject closed as far as I am concerned. And I will not continue down this path ok Mark. Truce Styria :)