setting digital log book Mileage

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
As the early Digital Dash Boards are vertically unrepairable , processor fails. a good used one is the only solution.
But the ODO will not be the true reading. Can be corrected with dedicated Software. My old Dash Repair Business is still operating and has the old equipment available. We corrected a friends old S Class recently. This reminded me.
Sean 0418207165

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes, I don't think the general public know how unreliable odometers are and how without service history they shouldn't be relied upon.
Yes Bryce, but what I'm talking about is to put the correct ODO reading exactly the same as the original Cluster. If not readable, then a signed Stat Deck has to be adhered to. In the past I have corrected the ODO on many 3 Series BMWs which failed at an alarming rate $1000 plus for a new one in the eighties, which had 0 Ks,.. again not correct. I have advanced many of them to Log Book Ks... second hand clusters were about about $200.. They were a Clay Pipe, once broken cannot be repaired. $ 1000 back then was a lot of money to spend on a 5 to 10 year old Car. because the Fuel Gauge we faulty..... common.
Today there is an Internet site where the ODO reading can be verified ........let the Buyer beware.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Bryce, but what I'm talking about is to put the correct ODO reading exactly the same as the original Cluster. If not readable, then a signed Stat Deck has to be adhered to. In the past I have corrected the ODO on many 3 Series BMWs which failed at an alarming rate $1000 plus for a new one in the eighties, which had 0 Ks,.. again not correct. I have advanced many of them to Log Book Ks... second hand clusters were about about $200.. They were a Clay Pipe, once broken cannot be repaired. $ 1000 back then was a lot of money to spend on a 5 to 10 year old Car. because the Fuel Gauge we faulty..... common.
Today there is an Internet site where the ODO reading can be verified ........let the Buyer beware.
P.S. at Rego inspection time the ODO readings are reported to the RTA