Score sheet

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Received my Concours score sheet.

If I could ask Stryria, Helmet or someone I know here on the Forum a favour if I email you the score sheet could you please post the score sheet?

Once the score sheet is posted see what you think of the scores?

Cheers.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good morning sorry if the pic of the score sheet is not the best quality but hopefully you can read it?

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Sorry Tim I can't really give you much feedback here. I don't know if this score is 'good' as I've not seen the scores from other cars to compare it to. These things are all relative. A score of 2 is great if the only other car gets a 1. The fact that your car was runner up makes me think this must have been a good score.

Helmet

Connoisseur
Sorry Tim I can't really give you much feedback here. I don't know if this score is 'good' as I've not seen the scores from other cars to compare it to. These things are all relative. A score of 2 is great if the only other car gets a 1. The fact that your car was runner up makes me think this must have been a good score.

Have to agree Bryce. Tims car was very well presented but hard to beat a 50k original car that's like new and very clean

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
The W126 that did win Best in Class did have a Cobra alarm I wonder if that is factory original?

I spent nine hours the day before detailing my car and after a three hour I arrived and cleaned the car again before the judging began.

Not sure what else one had to do to win first prize?

Of course second prize is nothing to be sneezed at.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
The W126 that did win Best in Class did have a Cobra alarm I wonder if that is factory original?

I spent nine hours the day before detailing my car and after a three hour I arrived and cleaned the car again before the judging began.

Not sure what else one had to do to win first prize?

Of course second prize is nothing to be sneezed at.

Hi Tim,
My advice is to just enjoy your car and see how you go on the day, just like you're doing. One year you might even get lucky and the trailer queens won't show up. (e.g. on a rainy day!)

The cars that consistently win concours events have one purpose, to win concours events. They probably do 40km per year and they have thousands spent each year to win concours. The Mercedes event is fairly low key, but I am also a member of the Jaguar club and they take concours very seriously. The show winners for the most part are not driven other than to concours events and their owners spend the 3 months prior to the event on prep. This includes a trip back to the restorer for a once over.

You get to drive and enjoy your car, and you have a nice collection of awards. that is pretty good if you ask me.

Styria

The Godfather
Timmy, it's like this - many years ago, I entered my Gleaming Beauty and my quite stunning Rover 3500S in the Orange Blossom Concours that was held at the Bull and Bush (hotel) at Baulkham Hills. As history will have it, the Rover got first outright, and GB was third, the two cars being separated by a Rolls Royce. I still have the trophies to prove it.

The next year, I entered again, but by this time the trailer queens, and the professional trophy hunters got in on the act. The result ? My cars got nowhere. So keep this in mind Timmy - prepare the car to the best of your knowledge and ability, and sit back and relax secure in the knowledge that you have given it your best shot - never mind what anyone else might think or decree otherwise. Regards. Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hi Styria thanks very much I really do value & appreciate what you said.

All the best to you Styria.