Robert de Niro's 450SE

More threads by oscar

oscar

I found a few years ago a tiny photo of Robert de Niro and his w116 but you couldn't make him out. Recently on my holidays up the coast I was aimlessly wandering around one of those alternate type shops that my wife dragged me into. You know the type of shop - filled with crystals, dragon figurines, indian dream catchers and an overwhelming smell of smouldering sandalwood. :rolleyes: Well anyway, I stumbled across a Getty images book of the 70s that featured this photo below. Pretty cool huh?

He kind of looks like Mollly Meldrum.:D

imgp5621mediumte3.jpg

G

GreaseMonkey

I found a few years ago a tiny photo of Robert de Niro and his w116 but you couldn't make him out. Recently on my holidays up the coast I was aimlessly wandering around one of those alternate type shops that my wife dragged me into. You know the type of shop - filled with crystals, dragon figurines, indian dream catchers and an overwhelming smell of smouldering sandalwood. :rolleyes: Well anyway, I stumbled across a Getty images book of the 70s that featured this photo below. Pretty cool huh?

imgp5621mediumte3.jpg

And you didn't bring back a stained glass dolphin?
C.M.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I found a few years ago a tiny photo of Robert de Niro and his w116 but you couldn't make him out. I stumbled across a Getty images book of the 70s that featured this photo below. Pretty cool huh?

imgp5621mediumte3.jpg

I didn't recall him playing in the Godfather II :(

Molly Meldrum with hair? :D

OP
oscar

oscar

And you didn't bring back a stained glass dolphin?
C.M.

Of course we did. But it's still wrapped in hemp paper with the wind chimes :D

I didn't recall him playing in the Godfather II :(

Molly Meldrum with hair? :D

I feel stupid admitting this but although I love mob movies, I've yet to watch the complete Godfather trilogy.

Anyway, according to IMDB.com, De Niro first and last appearance in the series was in Godfather Part II. I suppose this means that since he didn't make it to the third someone must have "taken care of him". You know, done a pisa work onim. :D

WGB

I guess it would have to be a 4.5 as it is July 1975 and anyway why would anyone stand in front of a 6.9 sign.

It also appears to have no rear headrests.

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I guess it would have to be a 4.5 as it is July 1975 and anyway why would anyone stand in front of a 6.9 sign.

It also appears to have no rear headrests.

Bill

It's an SE Brother Bill
It would HAVE to be only a 4.5, right?

G

GreaseMonkey

Of course we did. But it's still wrapped in hemp paper with the wind chimes

Best place for it, and the scented candles and hand carved pelican.

Was this in Byron Bay by any chance?

C.M.

G

GreaseMonkey

Of course we did. But it's still wrapped in hemp paper with the wind chimes :D

I feel stupid admitting this but although I love mob movies, I've yet to watch the complete Godfather trilogy.

Anyway, according to IMDB.com, De Niro first and last appearance in the series was in Godfather Part II. I suppose this means that since he didn't make it to the third someone must have "taken care of him". You know, done a pisa work onim. :D

Marlon Brando famously played Don Vito Corleone in the original The Godfather, De Niro played a young Vito Corleone in G II as a flashback retracing his younger days, so in fact he was the same character as Brando, who dies of a heart attack at home as an old man.
The Godfather trilogy are among my favourite movies, but before I go any further I feel a new thread coming on..........

Chris M.

OP
oscar

oscar

Best place for it, and the scented candles and hand carved pelican.

Was this in Byron Bay by any chance?

C.M.

Nah, didn't get that far. It was Bellingen. We were on our way back to Tamworth from Coffs Harbour. It was amazing the change in temps along the way. Drizzling, 29 and humid in Coffs. 17 and cloudy at Dorrigo. 34 in Armidale then 37 by the time we got to Tamworth. :( Of course, now were sweltering in Griffith like everyone else in the south east corner. Can't go out doors and get anything done. It sux to put it mildly.

Next time I'm out near a dvd outlet I've got to get the GF trilogy.

Styria

The Godfather
Nah, didn't get that far. It was Bellingen. We were on our way back to Tamworth from Coffs Harbour. It was amazing the change in temps along the way. Drizzling, 29 and humid in Coffs. 17 and cloudy at Dorrigo. 34 in Armidale then 37 by the time we got to Tamworth. :( Of course, now were sweltering in Griffith like everyone else in the south east corner. Can't go out doors and get anything done. It sux to put it mildly.

Next time I'm out near a dvd outlet I've got to get the GF trilogy.

Hi Ossie, by the look of things, the cool change a lot of us are hoping for is some time away - you know, like days or even a couple of weeks.

I have seen the temperatures at Griffith rising well above 40 degrees, and being in the Riverina area, you're heading down south towards the bushfires that Victoria has had.

I have tried to do the odd bit of work on a 450SE I have, but it has just been so impossibly hot. I believe that today, Thursday, is going to be a scorcher. Regards Styria

G

GreaseMonkey

Yeah, good excuse to stay in and watch Godfather movies.
Chris M.

OP
oscar

oscar

You're not wrong. 10th consecutive day over 40. It usually hits 40 for two or three days then goes back to mid 30's and much cooler nights. Three more days of these temps apparently then a cooler spell.

Must get GF collection this weekend.

G

GreaseMonkey

Yeah, I know.
We are luckier on the coast, but I work in South Nowra which is always ten degress hotter than home fifty minutes away.
The Godfather trilogy is worth watching, (in order) as it is not just another gangster movie, but a complex story of a family, it's loyalties and betrayals and it's code of honour, but also touches on the immigrants lot in America, corruption in the Vatican and all with superb photography and a great score.
But be aware, you do have to pay attention, so if you start to blink after a couple of hours, turn it off until tomorrow.
Worth the effort.
Keep cool,
Chris M.