Panther-Porsche 356 - Bitter - Fiat Coupe

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
What was, or could have been. I will add my thoughts on some of these cars. Needless to say, all intentions are splendid in their evolvement, but the long term statistics are less than brilliant. Regards Styria

Attachments

• Panther Solo - 1985.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Porsche 356 - Mother of Invention.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • FIAT COUPE - 1992.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • BITTER - by Erich Bitter.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
As far as the Fiat is concerned, there are a few aspects that appeal, and others that don't. First of all the engine - five cylinders turbocharged makes for a very willing performer, and this is borne out or corroborated by this engine (I think) also having been fitted to various Volvo models, and latterly to the Ford Focus and Ford Mondeo. In fact, we recently had a good look at a six speed manual Mondeo - magnificent looking and finished car, but it was the manual transmission that stopped the deal becoming reality. Reading the test on the Fiat, one has to ask themselves what costs one would be up for in the event of cam belt replacement (and/or clutch) and you have the added complexity of front wheel drive. So the specs. are great, but the practicality and affordability factors could certainly put a spanner in the works.

I have never seen one of these Fiat Coupes, but the body shop is appealing and reminds me quite a bit of the Ford Cougar - nice and sporty looking, but you don't see many available for sale. Just some of my musings. Regards Styria

N.B. This is what I am talking about as far as styling is concerned - Fiat vs. Cougar.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...1252 1246 1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=default

Last edited: