Octane and Petrol

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I see that the refineries are following the Car Manufactures on the way out. Only two left at present. Most Petrol will be imported.... does that mean that the Sulphur content will be greatly reduced in the imports ?
And will 100 Octane be available for the High Tech. imports ? I understand that in Japan the premium Fuel is 100 Octane.

Pete49

Distinguished
Looks like another excuse for the petrol companies to gouge us coming. We seem to be too reliant on imports and it will come back to bite us on the bum. Our governments and industry bosses seem to have failed us again and there is nothing we can do to halt this stupid move.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Looks like another excuse for the petrol companies to gouge us coming. We seem to be too reliant on imports and it will come back to bite us on the bum. Our governments and industry bosses seem to have failed us again and there is nothing we can do to halt this stupid move.
I recall reading that our emergency Fuel supplies is held in America via an arrangement with them ??

Pete49

Distinguished
Takes me back to the days of unleaded fuel being introduces and telling us the price increase was due to having to remove the lead from it. When we had super it the higher was because they had to add the lead Not lead as fishing sinkers, a big name chemical. Now it will be 'well it has to come from (country name) forgetting that most of our fuel is refined in Singapore anyhow. The fuel companies and governments take us for mugs/cash cows. Don't get me started on electric cars as they are already trying to milk them.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Takes me back to the days of unleaded fuel being introduces and telling us the price increase was due to having to remove the lead from it. When we had super it the higher was because they had to add the lead Not lead as fishing sinkers, a big name chemical. Now it will be 'well it has to come from (country name) forgetting that most of our fuel is refined in Singapore anyhow. The fuel companies and governments take us for mugs/cash cows. Don't get me started on electric cars as they are already trying to milk them.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Still trying to get a handle on it I now read that we have the dirtiest Petrol in the World. 91 Octane should be banned !
95 and 98 have 50 PP whilst the World standard is 10 PP
Even Mexico has leapfrogged over us. Now 10 PP.
Even the mandated minimum storage requirement is well below the rest of the developed World.
On a Wing and a Prayer !! Every change of Government.... new Minister cries ...look at the mess the other guys left me !
Maybe they are sitting on their hands waiting for Electric Cars take over ..... Fat chance !!

Attach files