Nice 280se

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Considering how good this looks, it's amazing people haven't taken to the W116 in their droves..... :cool::cool:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Even in Brown, this one looks great! :confused:

did I say that?????

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh god I just noticed the colour!!!!!! :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Looking at that car, what makes it look so attractive - smashing even ? Well, certainly its owner has spared no expense in making the car look as attractive as it is - take the wind deflector, chromed wheel arch moulds, the AMG spoiler (does anybody want to buy one - I still have one left !), the nice little touch of the headlight wipers and, of course, yes of course, those wheels and also the quality of the paintwork.

I know it's a controversial choice, or subject matter, but the "NEW" Milan Brown, as produced by the Standox paint company, is one of the best colours with its depth of shine and the slight bronze tint in various lighting conditions. It is certainly a more attractive colour than an original Milan Brown. I am not sure if other paint companies can produce the equal of the Standox product. Obviously, the owner of the car has been obsessive in his quest to make the car more attractive and different to the standard 116. Note the Benz insignia on the bonnet padding and in the boot carpet, although in my opinion, the bottle and glass are somewhat 'over the top'. They belong to a different car, and should be in a different location. The colour of the interior is just magic- perhaps a little overwhelming, and note the single heater dial - obviously no Air. As a matter of interest, has anyone noticed the container situated on the right hand firewall in the engine bay ? I would like to know its purpose. In summary - absolutely gorgeous, but it lacks one little item ? A great lump of a V8. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Yeah Styria I agree it's missing a V8..... Or a manual tranny and turbo! The bottle on the firewall looks like a chrome SLS reservior. There's obviously little bonnet clearance as that trick insulation's rubbing on the top of the air cleaner lid. The glass and bottle would look more appropriate IN the picnic set. I'm sure Motec would agree with me and say that amp in the boot looks real lonely!!! ;) I don't like the interior and the AMG logo on the dash looks a little tacky. The floormats are hideous. I'm not sure about the chrome wheel arch moulds. I've never really liked them, but on this colour (!) in these lighting conditions, they look great.

What's sitting at the bottom of the radiator?? Styria I went off the idea of the front air dam, but after those pics of the get-together and comparing yours, Michel's and the white one, I've changed my mind. Now I've just gotta save some more $$ (which is proving difficult with some huge bills and of course xmas only a week or so away).... Do you have a bootlid spoiler as well?

Last edited:

WiSeGuYY

HEY GODFATHER ,

I didn't think i would ask this but i'm interested in that spoiler YES , how i can get one and how much it will cost me plus shipping , i don't think i can find one here plus it is no matter LHD or RHD ( we are talking about the lower front spoiler yes?)

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, in my opinion, my copy of the AMG spoiler certainly transforms the frontal appearance in a marked manner, and favourably so. The cost of the spoiler is $A375.00, plus packing $35.00 for overseas shipping by Air. Postage to Egypt - no idea at this stage - to the States, last quote I had was about $A200.00. So, not cheap.

Mark, I don't have a genuine boot spoiler - Michel did give me a spoiler of some description about two years ago, and I think it would fit, but as yet I have done absolutely nothing further as far as marketing is concerned. That item on the bottom of the radiator is.....? No idea. BTW, those rims are made by a company called RIAL. I don't know about keeping them clean, but they do look fantastic. Regards Styria

WiSeGuYY

Hi GODFATHER ,
GREETINGS,

Right you are it is not cheap ( 600 usd plus shipping plus customs duties ) i better think again before doing this , thanks for offering but for the moment i have to pass ( or search again here) was it polly or PVC or metal ?

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes I think the Rials would be an absolute nightmare to keep clean!! :eek: I'd love the airdam (front spoiler), but I've got RWC issues that're a higher priority right at the moment. It might have to wait until the M100 tour..... :)