New filter won’t fit??

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
This is an interesting one... I knew it could be ‘fun’ cause the filter housing had traces of silicone sealant on the outside.

So after removing & cleaning it all I try to put the new filter in but the cap won’t seat properly. I begin to think I’ve been given the wrong filter until I have a closer look. The new filter had a wire handle & a couple of stamped hooks for same on the bottom, as well as the top; a bit odd. The lower handle kept swinging out as I tried to slide the filter in & I thought it was fouling the housing. Even after removing the bottom handle it still didn’t fit. I check the old filter & notice it appears the bottom has sheared off. I check inside the housing & notice something stuck inside. Not easy to remove, but I eventually got it out. Just the lower seal & no metal fragments.

So I come to the conclusion some idiot has not noticed the seal had somehow come off an older filter. So instead of investigating they just cut out the lower section of the new (now old) filter!!!!!

FYI this is the car with ignition leads wrapped around the throttle linkage! It also has 3 incorrect spark plugs, incorrectly installed....

Moral is don’t let just any old mechanic work on your car! Without specific experience they’re likely to do more harm than good!!CD0FA5E6-E0A6-439A-B34A-CDDFB032D01F.jpeg32FAF8B7-6D60-421C-8AF2-0D7916D58C78.jpegE2D11F88-1900-405E-9ECF-B5A06A24FDBE.jpeg45CE14E9-95DB-4008-9E55-D020C589C323.jpeg

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Amazing story... :oops: