New contact

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I found an enthusiast today who's been into MBs for many years. Turns out he's a member of MBCV and lives in the Cranborne area. He had a huge collection of sorted parts and there must've been 30-40 Mercs in various states. There were several W116s, W126s, a 600 and a rusty W107 plus many other models that I'm not familiar with. He had a white 6.9 that had been sold for restoration and was gone before I arrived. Apparently he has valves and struts available, which may be very useful to some of us here.

Sadly he'd never heard of TK, but that'll soon be rectified!!! I'll be in contact with him again shortly and will ask if he's happy for some contact details to be posted here.

Funny that he's an ex-mechanic working for emergency services that also happens to own a Buick!!!

Last edited:

WiSeGuYY

might not be computer addict like most of us , TK is very famous online , that how i knew about you guys.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
You may be right Tarek. In the last few days I saw a W116 parked in the drive of a house and I stopped to leave a TK calling card. I found the owner gardening in the front yard and we started talking about his car. Sounds like it's a one-owner with less than 100K on the clock. He'd never heard of TK, but that was no surprize given he was probably in his mid-80s... I left the card and my number. :)

WiSeGuYY

LOL MARK , you are kind , mid 80 i don't bthink he use computer like us so probably never try to search online , i bet he was happy to see you show interest in his car.

REGARDS
TAREK

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
BTW this guy has a custom set of 6.9 suspension emergency blocks made from wood!!! I've yet to see them and rest assured I'll be taking pics and measurements if they're any good....

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, regarding those suspension blocks - with rubber units installed, the car is barely driveable. With timber blocks, just about impossible. However, good for holding up car. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yeah they'd just be for long-term storage of a car, or towing. Particularly if the engine doesn't run, or the suspension has a leak. After seeing the likely result of driving with faulty suspension, there's no way I'd even think about it! :eek:

mrkozzy

Never finished
His name is Chris. (surname witheld) He's been with the MBCV for a long time.
Currently holding a number of 116's and 108's and a few 300E's from the 1980's.
I picked up some bits for the 108 project car last month. I'll give him a jolt about offering his services, next time I see him.

The Buick by the way is running the original 8+ litre V8 and I think its a 1927 model. It starts 1st time every time!!

Don't know if the link works but this is part of his "yard"

chrissthcranbourne.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yep that's the one!!! I might give him a call today and see if he has some parts for me... :)