LED Headlight Bulbs

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Another mine field to choose the correct LEDs. 2010 Class C250 CGI. Every site I have checked either says... not suitable or there is no information. I have given up on the Wind Screen.... nobody can give a correct answer to my concern about Safety. Not even the Insurance Company. I can live with the small crack on the left lower. At least I know that it is a genuine and safe :(Screen.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I would probably think that the only way you can truly know you have retained the vehicle's integrity is to fit a genuine screen.
On the matter of lights, I have been planning to investigate the matter as I am sure there is an easy solution - if one knows where to go.
Meanwhile, maybe have a look here and see what you find, bearing in mind that it is a UK site: https://www.osram.com/am/
Regards,
Brian

abl567

Super Moderator
I'm not sure how the different resistances/current draws affect the Canbus systems but will comment on the increased brightness of a 150 watt LED high bay light over the old tulip 400 watt bulb type.
I recently installed a 82 panel 30Kw rooftop solar system on my factory and had the old high bays swapped for LEDs as part of the deal.
The difference is remarkable, it's easily 3 times brighter. They light up instantly and produce nearly zero radiant heat.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
The C Class has one very bright Low Beam which must be a LED so I'm not expecting any problem with the other one. I have already fitted LEDs to the Reversing lights ,.. turns night into Day !!
The turn signal bulbs can't be converted as the locking Pins are offset and require a special Bulb. This is to comply with local regulations as to the colour ... Red.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Brian great minds think alike, I will source a genuine Screen but not a new one.... big $$$$$. There has got to be Screens in the Wrecking Yards... Many Cars are rear ended and also the Wreckers bring in Half Cuts mainly from the Middle East.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yes Brian great minds think alike, I will source a genuine Screen but not a new one.... big $$$$$. There has got to be Screens in the Wrecking Yards... Many Cars are rear ended and also the Wreckers bring in Half Cuts mainly from the Middle East.

Try ASV Eurocarparts at Villawood, thwey do seem to wreck lots of Benzes and other European cars.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I am thinking of putting LED's in the headlights of my W202,
Won't bother doing that with my W210; it has xenon headlights, but LED's are brighter.
I have seen LED head lights retrofitted to cars more than 40 years old.