I can see clearly now!

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Front windscreen replaced today by Novus Autoglass major improvement see what you think?

Also fitted a new Bosch Euro style wiper blade.

I always clean all of the glass with Rain X glass cleaner and water repellent.

86-FBDD12-F810-4129-9293-8-D444-A18-EE33.jpg

BE8-B5-E32-8660-48-B5-BFEA-676193039-B02.jpg

DB697-DD0-DFDF-4-EEE-9-B46-0-BC226-D5-F4-D9.jpg

F9-BCFD00-C72-B-4842-9-DCF-28-A939667372.jpg

2-E369-E24-5-FDF-41-E9-AB75-72010450987-D.jpg

F9-EE6497-CFCF-4-B17-AA52-EDD1-C673-A584.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Don’t want you to drive your beautiful clean car in the rain to test your new screen and wiper Tim.
I’m betting it will be first rate though mate.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
G’day Patrick thanks very much just looking at the weather for the weekend there will be no driving in the rain!

I did also use the AutoGlym glass polish as well just blown away with the end results!

sean sherry

Master
Good result from Novus Tim. I will now go ahead with my claim using them. I had put everything into the too hard basket as I was not getting any positive feedback from anywhere regarding the integrity of a replacement.

sean sherry

Master
No escape...... Novus source their Screens from O' Brians. Who get them from China. But what can you do ? Back to the the too hard basket for the moment.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Sean,
Just bite the bullet and do it.

If your windscreen was smashed you would have to do something.

People always seem to think China = poor quality.
They are the biggest car makers in the world.
There cars are now 5 star rated, and I have seen many top quality auto products from China.

The Novus/O’Brien screens all come with a parts and labour warranty.
I really don’t see what your fear is.

I’ve had 2 windscreens replaced in my company X Trail by O’Brien’s using Chinese glass, and they are stunning.

Just look at Tim’s results.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
G’day Patrick thanks very much just looking at the weather for the weekend there will be no driving in the rain!

I did also use the AutoGlym glass polish as well just blown away with the end results!

These cars do pretty well in poor weather.
There is a corner near where I live that after a big rain there is often an SUV on its side with a bemused driver wondering what happened.

The 300SE handles it quite nicely.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Absolutely they handle well Bryce.
The S430 stunned me as to how good it could handle.

My comment was just regarding cleanliness :D

Hate getting a super clean car dirty :eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good result from Novus Tim. I will now go ahead with my claim using them. I had put everything into the too hard basket as I was not getting any positive feedback from anywhere regarding the integrity of a replacement.

All good Sean.
👍

Styria

The Godfather
I have been lucky in not having to had any screens replaced for some years now. My only criticism refers to a screen that I had fitted to Gleaming Beauty some twelve years ago. My understanding was that it was China sourced, and it was impossible to see through the screen when raining, day or night, even after several attempts at cleaning the unit. It was just an oily film that seemed to be impregnated in to the screen, and it was about impossible to drive the car at night when confronted by oncoming lights of ANY description, not just cars.

In the end, the installer replaced that screen with another unit. My only recent experiences. Regards Styria