Hyundai vs Scion vs Subaru

More threads by Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I haven't driven them so I can't make a real observation. However, I am aware that Hyundai has snared some expert engineers from Audi and that the handling of these cars is beyond reproach, for what they are.
Can European manufacturers compete is the burning question.
Would I buy one based on what I know so far? Yes - and they look like a whole lot of fun without the savage depreciation of a Benz.
Regards,
Brian

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Our Prince of Arabia gives them the thumbs up sign and I daresay he'd have a pretty fair idea. As you know, J. has the Honda Jazz and she is perfectly happy - plus "Daisy" has not put a single foot wrong in 20K. kilometres.

Nevertheless, I always keep on looking at the B-Class series. Since I first saw them in 2005, I have really liked the style. Of course, a new one is out of the question. A used unit, say at 20K. will give you a car out of warranty and, honestly, I would worry about maintenance costs. Have heard some fairly sober stories regarding running costs. So, back we go to the Japanese, Koreans et al - that's how it is nowadays. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And as I said my recently sold 2000 Hyundai Accent is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Which seeing as I have had over 50 cars is saying something . Including 5 years as a Taxi owner. It was bought as a deceased estate car in 2011 with 88000km on it I sold it recently to my niece after having it checked and serviced with 121000km . Not once did it fail to start or did any interior item fall off or break. For a car bought as I don't care transport as in I parked it at the airport for months at a time. It slowly gained my respect for what it was. A honest and decent little car that was pleasant to drive. Now the new models which through work I have driven are light years better and now with 7 year warranty with capped price servicing. As I said that's a game changer. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The Scion (Toyota in the US) and the Subaru are virtually the same.
I have driven them both and give them the thumbs up - although i'd like to see a faster version on option.
The Genesis is not available here and I have not had the chance to test.

However, in the looks department, I feel the Scion/Subaru take the cake.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I have driven a friends Toyota 86 it is a great handling and fun car to drive. Just feels a little underpowered . Which I guess is a compliment to chassis team as 147kw is not really underpowered. :)