Hydropneumatic Gas Cell Package

More threads by Oversize

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
This company was helpful but I haven’t used them yet and I don’t know if their costs are reasonable...

https://www.dgair.com.au/

6.9forever

Noble
This could prove to be very useful info, Mark.
Thanks for sharing.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Did anyone pick the brains of MB Spares staff before they shut up re importing cells?

abl567

Super Moderator
The business was for sale, I hardly think the vendor would give away his intellectual property while it was on the market.
I'm sure an approach could be made even now to purchase that intellectual property but the market has deemed the business itself as unviable so the knowledge now held will be lost.
That's not to say it cannot be rediscovered.

6.9forever

Noble
MB Spares simply told me that they weren't in the parts biz any more. There are other local sources of 6.9 front and rear acculuators for under $400 each, but Febi-Bilstein only. Lemfoerder NLA. Or you can go to MB and pay $782 each.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
At that price I could build my own and use a rebuildable design. MB are completely mad thinking anyone would buy theirs. These are disposable service items that only last 2-3 years according to the manual!!!

Last edited:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
At that price I could build my own and use a rebuildable design. MB are completely mad thinking anyone would buy there’s. These are disposable service irems that only last 5-10 years.

You could probably adapt the citroen ones that are widely available, inexpensive and come in various pressures to suit the different models over the years.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Lots of industrial machines use them too so if conventional solutions are not viable (prohibitively expensive) I’ll look into other options. Don’t forget I had a 6.9 that had the cells modified so they could be recharged. I even have the original invoices from the PO....

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Evidence it is possible!

D66_B9_DA6-_B2_D9-4_A7_D-_ACFF-448_B92881_E1_C.jpg

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Just sent a message re air freight. Not holding much hope since the sellers feedback isn’t brilliant.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
The cheapest Febis I’ve found so far is $275ea green dot. $230ea red dot. Weird that the red ones aren’t the expensive type... These are sources from Aust so no air freight or Aust Post issues if sent via direct surface courier.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Based on that cost and a lifespan of 3 years, it'd be $1330 for a full set on the W126 ($444 per year) and $1240 ($414 per year) for the 6.9. Personally I'd prefer the Lemforder product, but I haven't found a reliable supplier yet.