Genuine Oldtimers

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I am afraid you'll need a bit of patience to take in the complete video - personally, I am fascinated by the genuineness of this event. You know, none of this business of white walls galore, squillions of dollars spent - you see the vehicles they way they were used 30, 40, 50 years ago. The location - I think somewhere in Germany, and dare I say the old East Germany ? Some areas a little shabby, and the cars ? Definitely prior to the demolition of the Berlin Wall ? Stay with it a bit, and hopefully you will be able to share my curiosity, and the curiosity value of this video. Regards Styria

N.B. Problems with video - please hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG1vcEd6UTk

The next video -Racecars ! It's all very mundane, even somewhat agricultural, and politically incorrect. Absolutely ! Why ? If you notice, there are no barriers, no marshalls, no police to control the somewhat sparse crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKKEsrej1I

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Brilliant Styria - fantasic find.
I rather like the little Hanomag at 17' 30 seconds.
And in the second video there's even a racing Trabant!
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, you've been to Budapest in Hungary, so you may have a bit of an idea of the "old and shabby" Europe - do you go along with East Germany ? It is definitely German, as I seem to detect from the loudspeakers and also some sort of "Gasthaus" pictured with a BIERGARTEN sign. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
It is held annualy in Zörbig (Saxony).

Craig, that'd be the old East Germany ? Also, how do you get the "Umlaut" (the two dots on top of the 'o') in the word Zoerbig ? My keyboard does not have that facility. Regards Styria

CraigS

Yes, the DDR. I use the symbols part of Outlook and/or Word to get the symbols and cut and paste. It's a bit of messing around though.