Figaro, Figaro, Figaro...

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Well, I suspect that our learned musical friends may be familiar with the name Figaro...right ? Synonimous with Operetta, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart etc. - now, how about a 'Figaro' car - a Nissan to be precise. Believe it or not, I spotted this rarity just this afternoon when we picked up 'Daisy' (Julie's Honda Jazz Vibe) from the Service people at Rosehill. Anyway, there is this Figaro - parked in the street, in all its miniscule glory.

So on returning home, I gave Google a work-out. It's quite a little car, with a huge price tag. If one asked me to buy, the answer would be a definite 'NO'. Curiosity value will only go so far, and no further. However, what a cute little darling. Just check it out.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Figaro-1991/SSE-AD-2317639/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
ohh so cute...

Well, I suspect that our learned musical friends may be familiar with the name Figaro...right ? Synonymous with Operetta, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart etc. - now, how about a 'Figaro' car - a Nissan to be precise. Believe it or not, I spotted this rarity just this afternoon when we picked up 'Daisy' (Julie's Honda Jazz Vibe) from the Service people at Rosehill. Anyway, there is this Figaro - parked in the street, in all its miniscule glory.

So on returning home, I gave Google a work-out. It's quite a little car, with a huge price tag. If one asked me to buy, the answer would be a definite 'NO'. Curiosity value will only go so far, and no further. However, what a cute little darling. Just check it out.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Figaro-1991/SSE-AD-2317639/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Oh indeed; it is cute in a Barbie-doll manner. There is one for sale in a caryard in Parramatta Rd but I have not bothered to stop to look. :eek:
Oh Dear!!! Now I see one on Carsales for $31,000. Maybe they have become trendy - like a lollipop you have to have when the Ecstasy kicks in?
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
BenzBoy, you know of course, the sort of money being asked for nothing more than a 'baby carriage' in the shape of the Fiat 500 Bambino. Really, if we are fair dinkum in our assessment (well, mine anyway), you wouldn't be seen dead anyway in one of those. That Figaro would appear to be twice the car - turbo charged, 1 litre, screaming flying machine.

Talking of small Japanese Micro cars, or a little bigger. How about the following:

1. Daihatsu Copenhagen ?
2. Suzuki Cappucino .
3. Toyota Sera ?

All very different, but just have a look at the Sera - Gullwing Doors, beautifully styled rear screen a la Jensen Interceptor - they are real cult collectors at the moment. Regards. Styria