Epc

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm a member of MBCV, so how do I get access?? :confused:

abl567

Super Moderator
Do you have a Mercedes-Benz ClubCard? It will have a MGU number on the back, like MGU7*3**9 ?

CraigS

Not all of the Australian club cards have access to the EPC, even though they are officially sanctioned clubs. As far as I understand it, for the clubs to offer the card which allows access, and hence the clode Anthony mentions (prefix varies depending on whose card it is), they have to pay an additional fee. For that reason, the NSW membership card does not have the code, and is in fact an entirely different looking card. I can't say what the Victorian club card looks like because I can't find it, however the Queensland card used to have the code until the latest renewal, and I notice the code is now missing.

abl567

Super Moderator
The ClubCards are issued by Mercendes-Benz Clubs International and are independent from cards issued by a local club

CraigS

But I am guessing the clubs have to pay for them. The MBClub Qld only had one card, and this was the one with the code, but not this year. It looks similar, but no code.

abl567

Super Moderator
Yes, the clubs have to purchase the cards from Mercedes-Benz Clubs. The M-100 group purchases cards for it members, the card also gives you 15% of purchases at the Classic Centres in Irvine and Fellbach as well as free entry to the museum

Styria

The Godfather
.....so why doesn't the MB Club of NSW purchase those cards ? Is it a matter of the 'old car movement and ownership' dying a slow death ? The Club, in my opinion, is primarily frequented by members with reasonably new cars. I would imagine those members (with the newer cars) have no need for access to the EPC. Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter ? regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
.....so why doesn't the MB Club of NSW purchase those cards ? Is it a matter of the 'old car movement and ownership' dying a slow death ? The Club, in my opinion, is primarily frequented by members with reasonably new cars. I would imagine those members (with the newer cars) have no need for access to the EPC. Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter ? regards Styria

Once upon a time the NSW Club used to issue the appropriate card. If you believe it still should then contact the president and request it does so. I am sure you have Vince's phone number.
I can't do that because I am no longer a member (just too many car clubs to keep up with - no other reason.)
Regards,
Brian