Custom throttle bodies

More threads by Oversize

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Very cool Mark after fitting my throttle body. I will have spare lower plenum after removing current one from car. Adaptor is 130 then throttle was 281 from VPW was charged 250 for adaptor fitting throttle to plenum and machining. By Torque Fabrications. :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I only just found these and I bet they're way more $$$

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark after dyno tune and when you see car you can make your own decision if you want to try one. Torque Fabrication said he would make 6 copies so if you contact he will have them . Probably cheaper to send lower plenum to him and have machine work done. :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm thinking of dropping off a manifold and having them make a completely new lower plenum and throttle setup. One that will easily connect to the Kjet...

Then I'll look at cross rams and a blower manifold! :cool:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Ok and here I was just going to have sheet metal intake made and fitting dual 4 barrel FAST throttle bodies as they can be linked. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I was previously thinking along the same lines until I found Morrisons... I spoke to them ages ago, so lets hope they can bring some of these new ideas into realities....

BTW there goes our bonnets, rear tyres and spare $$!!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
No I was thinking low level intake cutting the bottom of air cleaner and making adaptor to mount top of air cleaner above throttle bodies. MSD make similar setup to FAST . Its cost with fuel pump control unit and throttle body with injectors rated to 600hp is less than cheapest Motec. And it is self tuning with oxygen sensor fitted. :D