Craigslist 1975 Mercedes W116 450SEL - $3995

More threads by 300SDude

300SDude

This guy has had this up for sale for quite a while. If I had the money, I would buy it. The last thing I really need around here is another car, lol. (My barn already has 3 travel trailers, a boat, the tractor, the quad, 2 riding lawn mowers and the Mercedes parked in it, lol).

It's in beautiful looking condition.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2684019353.html

300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Love it
so clean so fresh..

and so cheap!

Styria

The Godfather
It certainly looks the part, but more importantly, it has the Euro style heating and air conditioning controls that everyone finds so easy to operate.

That car, I would imagine. already would have the restrictive anti smog/pollution equipment fitted as in the previous 108 model, so it might be a bit thirtsy on fuel. Furthermoremore, Dude, it seems to be located in Spokane, only a couple of hours from where you live. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

I didn't even notice the heating controls! I so wish mine had them that way. Much easier. It seems that my defroster is the only thing the heat will work on.

I know it is close to me, but I don't want a gas version. We are trying to switch everything we drive over to diesel since I process all our own veggie oil and it doesn't cost me anything other than my time.

Like I mentioned, it has been for sale for a couple months now. Guess no one in this area is really interested in it.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

LOL DUDE , if you remember few month ago i decline your advise to keep my diesel engine of the w108 ( RED PIG project) i guss in other forum and i did change it to gasoline.

I didn't know that in the US are fans for diesel engines though the 300 SD was introduced originally for the US MARKET but making your own fuel that is awsome idea for sure , inspired by the BACK TO FUTURE movie and DA LOREN car with flux .

WELL DONE but i don't digest it.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
300SDude

300SDude

LOL DUDE , if you remember few month ago i decline your advise to keep my diesel engine of the w108 ( RED PIG project) i guss in other forum and i did change it to gasoline.

I didn't know that in the US are fans for diesel engines though the 300 SD was introduced originally for the US MARKET but making your own fuel that is awsome idea for sure , inspired by the BACK TO FUTURE movie and DA LOREN car with flux .

WELL DONE but i don't digest it.

REGARDS

TAREK

Diesel cars aren't really all that popular over here. Mostly pickups and vans will have them. Americans don't like the sound a diesel makes and the ones that the US made in the 70/80's made lots of smoke and smelled bad.

Granted, when I first start mine, it does let-out a puff of black smoke, but after that, no smoke at all. It is rather a loud diesel compared to the GMC diesel we have in our Suburban, but I like the sound the Mercedes diesel makes.

About the only thing that you can buy here that is a passenger car and is diesel is a VW or MB. They are really the only 2 that have consistently sold diesels. Every once in a while I will see a BMW or a Volvo diesel sedan, but they are very rare.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

HEY DUDE , my feeling exactly , i just dismatle the 5 cylender 3.o liter deisel engine in my W108 which converted to RED PIG ( oops RED PIGLET) to not annoy my dear freind MICHEL LOL but nowstuck with that worthless engine , the fact it get better after it heated is so true but can't stand the noise and i'm educated that DEISEL is econmy class and since diesel and gas are not of much difference now with idle car it encourgeme to do the switch.

REGARDS

TAREK

p.s I'm city boy i don't live where woods all over the place and i get flux if i needed from the surroundings LOL