Coffee Table Automotive Books

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Another thread prompted me to wonder what automotive books members here would like to have on their coffee tables. One of my interests is collecting these types of books on various topics. So my nominations for what I'd like to see printed (if they don't already exist) are as follows:

Mercedes 6.3 and 6.9
Mercedes Grosser
AMG to present
Buick 1950 - 1958
Buick GS 1970 - 1972
Ford Performance Cars (Australia) 1967 - present
Bathurst to present
Jaguar Performance Cars
Audi Performance Cars
The History of Bugatti
The History of Maybach

260ebenz

Master
MB Classic magazines
MB Enthusiast mags
2010 & 2011 E-Class & S-Class brochures
Two copies of the Ultimate History of MB
W123, W124, W201 MB brochures

Would like to get my hands on a couple of W126 brochures perhaps Styria you might have some?

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I am afraid the library will not fit on the coffee table.
There is a large collection of FIAT and Lancia books, a reasonable collection of M-B stuff and of course a largish collection of R-R books etc.
Pride of place is taken by the PII handbook and the 1934 Phantom sales booklet - both in mint condition.
The most read selection is that on body construction from the 1920s to 1940s - inclusing a lovely book on the Weymann technique.
Regards,
brian

Tony66_au

I've had some nice coffee table books on Jags etc but never really got a chance to read them.

I also had a copy of "Hey Charger" which was supposed to be the ultimate Chrysler book but I found it ok but not inspiring.

My problem now is I don't have the time to read them lol

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My precious books never make it to the 'coffee table'.

The large collection of XX years of various American cars (eg 80 Years of Cadillac LaSalle, 70 Years of Chrysler, etc...).
45 Years of Holden (co-authored by Yours Truly.
The Legendary 250 (Ferrari)
Various 'Spotter's Guides'
Many RR and MB books
Many Chevrolet books

Literally four or five bookshelves :eek:

260ebenz

Master
I just collect Playboy. That's alright, isn't it ? :D Regards Styria

Styria!

Just reading the 'articles' in the Playboy are you Styria? LOL.
:D

Back to topic Styria do you have any W124 or W126 MB brochures for sale?

Cheers.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Styria I ment on the coffee table NOT under it...... :p

Styria

The Godfather
Styria!

Just reading the 'articles' in the Playboy are you Styria? LOL.
:D

Back to topic Styria do you have any W124 or W126 MB brochures for sale?

Cheers.

Tim, I have any number of brochures, including the ones you are inquiring about. I should really make up a list and place it in the 'For Sale' section. I also have "IN ALLER WELT" magazines going back to 1958 and up to issue 200. So that's probably about 150 magazines. Also, the one hundred's anniversary edition, plus a special Mercedes Taxi magazine. Thoroughbred and Classic Cars (British) commencing with the first copy in 1973. I'd hate to put a figure on the amount of money I have spent. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
Tim, I have any number of brochures, including the ones you are inquiring about. I should really make up a list and place it in the 'For Sale' section. I also have "IN ALLER WELT" magazines going back to 1958 and up to issue 200. So that's probably about 150 magazines. Also, the one hundred's anniversary edition, plus a special Mercedes Taxi magazine. Thoroughbred and Classic Cars (British) commencing with the first copy in 1973. I'd hate to put a figure on the amount of money I have spent. Regards Styria

Styria please make the list of the brochures you have put the list in the For Sale of the Forum that would be terrific?

Many thanks,
Tim.