Auto Electrics

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
It can sometimes take many 'hits and misses' to come up with what I would term a good old fashioned tradesman that has accumulated a wealth of practical experience.

I did have such a chap at Northmead but, alas, he sold his business and decided to take up TAFE (Technical Education) teaching. Thus, I floundered for a couple of years in an endeavour to find a replacement.

I have finally succeeded in doing so. Obviously, we are restricted to the Western Area of Sydney as his workshop is located at Prospect, not far from Blacktown, Baulkham Hills etc. etc. and close to the Great Western Highway and the M4.

Now, just because I have decided to let everyone know how capable he is, I have mislaid his address and telephone number. My sincere apologies - these details will be forthcoming soon. However, I have been extremely pleased with his practical, no-nonsense approach, and I have yet to hear him utter a swear word when things haven't gone his way or if he has experienced some difficulties in jobs not being completely straight forward. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Okay, his name is Ray, trades as GREAT WESTERN AUTO, and he is located at Unit 5, 9 Rowood Road, Prospect NSW 2148 and his 24 (!) hours number is (02) 9896-4103. "topklasse" Tradesman....... Regards Styria

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I am glad that I introduced Styria to this auto sparkie. He is nice guy; has got me out of a pickle without drama. I work within walking distance about 3minutes away.

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Okay, his name is Ray, trades as GREAT WESTERN AUTO, and he is located at Unit 5, 9 Rowood Road, Prospect NSW 2148 and his 24 (!) hours number is (02) 9896-4103. "topklasse" Tradesman....... Regards Styria

But did he get you out of trouble?

Is GB on the road again?

Did you find the cause of the smoke?

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Michel, I have replied to CraigS in another thread regarding the status quo re Gleaming Beauty. She's been ready since about last Thursday or Friday but I have not had the opportunity to pick her up - plus, I have problems with my left index finger which I squashed between a steering box and chassis member or whatever and I need to re-install the driver's seat.

Once I have examined the work, I'll be able to provide further details. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Michel, I have replied to CraigS in another thread regarding the status quo re Gleaming Beauty. She's been ready since about last Thursday or Friday but I have not had the opportunity to pick her up - plus, I have problems with my left index finger which I squashed between a steering box and chassis member or whatever and I need to re-install the driver's seat.

Once I have examined the work, I'll be able to provide further details. Regards Styria

Ouch about the finger......:eek: