Amerang - anything else worthwhile ?

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Why, of course. Did you guys really think that I was finished - not on your sweet Nellie. BTW, I hope you're not getting bored. So again, what else was there ? How about this orange C111 (?) Coupe - probably one of three, so therefore somewhat rare.

Mike113.jpg

...again, look at that workmanship - it is absolutely mindboggling. Just a challenge to the Gurney Nutting Roller Phantom owner - any pics. of the interior ? Would love to see some.......

Mike098.jpg

Where are they taking this one - surely not another to my garage in Oz country - remember the Maybach - it has arrived in all its splendour..

Mike082.jpg

Surely, in this company, this Coupe lacks 'topklasse' - wouldn't you agree ?

Mike134.jpg

...although the 300SL and the Gullwing would somehow just cut it...

Mike135.jpg

The next one is definitely for our valued friend Des inTassie - Des, please pay attention..
Mike126.jpg

Mike127.jpg

...and this one is for all 'nutty' Gleaming Beauty, 690SEL, Pimping, Povo, 6.9 forever etc etc. owners..the mighty 6.9

Mike118-1.jpg

...and this one is for our friend and fellow member Toporov in the Ukraine who has registered but never contributed - hallo Toporov :mad: the mighty Trabant)

The next one was certainly not to be missed - it just proves and illustrates that Amerang is no 'tin-pot' show - have a look yourself..

Mike076.jpg

Mike075.jpg

Mike090.jpg - this one is for Toporov

Sorry, have made a boobie - I will need to look at the last pic. shown here - should be able to make sense out of all this somewhere along the line. Regards Styria - yeah, it's his - the pride of East Germany !

Last edited:

s class

Spectacular. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just you keep them comin' Godfather...

Don't you dare think we're getting bored... ;)

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Just a bit of a wrap-up as far as Amerang is concerned. If there are a couple of pics. you have already seen, please forgive me for doubling up. The first one, of course, is the Maybach. What a machine, and work of art at the same time.

MikeNo1055.jpg

MikeNo1057.jpg
MikeNo1043.jpg

MikeNo1046.jpg

MikeNo1056.jpg
MikeNo1060.jpg

MikeNo1071.jpg

Okay. For the time being, I"d have to say that these p[ics. are the final Amerang items - unless I find some that I have not yet uploaded. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just a bit of a wrap-up as far as Amerang is concerned. MikeNo1043.jpg
Okay. For the time being, I"d have to say that these pics. are the final Amerang items - unless I find some that I have not yet uploaded. Regards Styria

This Auto Union would have to be my favourite :D

260ebenz

Master
Can not remember seeing this terrific post before Styria the photos of the Mercedes and Maybachs are superb!

Thank you Styria.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
You know, Tarek, if you ever get to Germany, make a point of calling in on this museum. It's not far off the Autobahn between Munich and Salzburg, but of course if you did not know about the museum, you'd just blissfully travel straight past Amerang - that is the name of the tiny village where it is located.

Yes, the collection of Mercedes Benzes is quite mind blowing, yet it has plenty of other, very interesting, exhibits as well. One of the privileges I enjoyed was to actually be able to examine all cars virtually at arm's length, and there was no one to tell you what, or what not, to do. The museum even has a beautifully laid out, and huge, model railway exhibition, fully operational. By the time I got to it, I had run out of camera battery. Do you want to know why - just have a look at the next lot of pictures. Regards Styria

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=933&highlight=amerang+museum

N.B. I think I have some more pics in another one of my albums. I will try and find them. I know some of these threads/posts have been seen previously, but they sort of disappeared "down the gurgler" and part of making the forum more interesting, I decided to re-surrect them.

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
You know, Tarek, if you ever get to Germany, make a point of calling in on this museum. It's not far off the Autobahn between Munich and Salzburg, but of course if you did not know about the museum, you'd just blissfully travel straight past Amerang - that is the name of the tiny village where it is located.

Yes, the collection of Mercedes Benzes is quite mind blowing, yet it has plenty of other, very interesting, exhibits as well. One of the privileges I enjoyed was to actually be able to examine all cars virtually at arm's length, and there was no one to tell you what, or what not, to do. The museum even has a beautifully laid out, and huge, model railway exhibition, fully operational. By the time I got to it, I had run out of camera battery. Do you want to know why - just have a look at the next lot of pictures. Regards Styria

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=933&highlight=amerang+museum

N.B. I think I have some more pics in another one of my albums. I will try and find them. I know some of these threads/posts have been seen previously, but they sort of disappeared "down the gurgler" and part of making the forum more interesting, I decided to re-surrect them.

Certainly glad to re-surrected these pics again they are wonderful!