A124 Cabriolet roof oil

More threads by mathew

mathew

Ok gang, today I discovered the hyd oil was leaking from my cabriolet roof pump, quite a bit. Upon closer inspection it was just a small seal in one of the access bolts to the pumps housing. A quick two minute fix with a repco 25 cent seal. What I need to know is though, what kind of oil is it I use to top up the reservoir?

It's a 1996 E220 A124 any one know the manual doesn't list anything, clearly they want you to pay a dealer big dollars to service and i just want to top it up myself.

Cheers Mat

260ebenz

Master
G'day Matthew,

Hydraulic oil is made by Lemforder available to buy from any MB parts supplier I hope that helps.

Colour of the oil is clear yellow.

Good to have you back on the TopKlasse Forum Mat.

Cheers Tim.
:D

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Hi Mat did you get the leak issue resolved and how did you go with hydraulic fluid was the fluid called Lemforder?

OP
mathew

mathew

Leak fixed 80 cent seal from REPCO how ever still haven't got a defintive answer on the oil to be used Lemforder is used for suspension etc but I can't see it listed for the roof. So I'm waiting for MB Wagga to get back to me with a definitve answer I wouldn't want to stuff that pump lord know what it would cost!:mad::mad:

260ebenz

Master
Correct Lemforder do make the suspension fluid.

Spoke to my MB Mechanic he said the fluid or oil is made by Sebi it is in a silver bottle fluid/oil made for hydraulic mechanisms.

Keep us posted on Marilyn's progress she is a beauty Marilyn!

Cheers.

260ebenz

Master
Mat how did you go with the hydraulic fluid find the info you were after?

Hope all is well in Wagga?

Cheers Tim.