6.9 vs. Quattroporte

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
It's easy enough to state that both of these, and obviously GB in particular, are real favorites of mine. I have relayed the story previously of spotting the earlier Quattroporte at Arnold Glass' Nissan dealership, when they offered me $500.00 trade in on my Finnie 300LWB against a price of $5000.00 on their Quattroporte. I did walkout. However, the following is still a great synopsis of two mini Giants.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I am sorry that the attachment feature was not available. About to check that.

Attachments

• 6.9 (Blasters from the past).pdf
    938.1 KB · Views: 6

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
No Tim Quattroporte had 155mph top speed.

260ebenz

Master
Fair enough Motec.

Quattroporte pardon my ignorance they are made my Audi is that right?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Look at the link. :rolleyes:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Not wrong just read before typing. :D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I tend to think of the Vignale built Series 1 , and Frua styled as my preference. As Wikipedia quite appropriately points out, it was storming the European roads together with the Lagonda Rapide and the Facel Vega. I know that not everyone is a friend of the frontal styling of the Lagonda, and perhaps the Facel, but I am totally smitten by their styling. I really think they were true Classics as soon as they would leave the factory.

I got to know a gentleman by the name of Whitehead that lived in an absolutely gorgeous property at Warrawee, and he owned a number of both pre-war (LG6) and postwar Lagondas, including the aforementioned Rapide. I was like a boy in a Toyshop. From a sobriety point of view, all of those cars were probably a drawing or two short of being properly developed and tested, nevertheless......you know what I mean. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Obscure cars are always on my radar of interest.:D