2002 500E Airmatic

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well despite me saying the air suspension could be a future issue the ol man buys one (a couple of years ago now) & of course now the inevitable happens. Apparently almost random deflation’s rendering it almost undriveable. Enq made by his mechanic MB still offer struts but only on exchange ex Germany. At huge cost & a lot of time off the road in a workshop isn’t a desirable option....

I’ve managed to source a new Arnott strut (made in USA?) for less than half the MB price ($860 delivered), which should arrive mid next week.

Seems to me MB needs to lift their game re NLA parts, especially critical ones that are a known issue. It’s what once set them apart from all others & now they’re starting to blend into the crowd... :eek::mad::confused:

sean sherry

Master
Well Mark MB may not be so bad..... I recall asking GM for some Parts for a 11 year old EH Holden, only to be told that after 10 years parts were absolute and no longer available . :eek::eek::eek:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I went with the Arnott air springs on my wifes 07 E350 wagon. As the wagon, it has air suspension only on the rear for self levelling purposes. So far now problems with them and they looked well made.