Tesla 4680 Battery

More threads by sean sherry

Oversize

Grand Master
Google this new battery Technology..... a revelation in design and Power out put.
Battery life & output is the single (or double) thing holding back EVs & other electrical equipment. Only last night I heard that a country was considering banning petrol powered gardening tools to help address climate change & air quality. At the moment I doubt an electric mower exists that is up to the challenge met by the ICE powered ones available now.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Mark,

I have a battery powered mower that eclipses the cut and performance of any petrol mower I have ever owned.
It is that good, I have sold every piece of petrol driven gardening equipment and have replaced them all with battery skins that take the same batteries as the mower.

Considering I have been working on, and rebuilding mowers for over 45 years now, I too was sceptical, but totally blown away by how good the newer type of battery mowers are.

Oversize

Grand Master
Well that’s very interesting! Care to plug the brand/model?? What the voltage?

Perhaps a ban on petrol powered machines could be considered for non commercial metro areas?

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Mark,
Basically I carried out the exercise of a battery mower for my 90:year old mother in law.
She couldn’t pull start a mower any longer, but missed her exercise of mowing the lawns.

Basically, I had to find her the best value mower based on her budget, but it needed to be powerful as she has very thick buffalo grass.

After about 2 months, many comparisons, and many product reviews and videos I found the perfect mower.
2 x 18v 4 amp batteries power it, so it has massive power and a very long run time.

After she used it a few times, I brought it home to give it a run.
My grass was very long and thick, and it was also wet.

This mower did it fairly easily, and fully filled the catcher. where the petrol mower with wet grass I would not have been able to fill the catcher with wet grass over 1/4 and I would usually have to do half cuts, as a full width cut would choke it.
The battery mower when it encounters a heavy load, it immediately ups its power and cutting speed to compensate, then a few meters past the thick grass, she drops down to its standard RPM.

This mower also has adjustable handles for tilt, and they are also telescopic.
So a very tall person can use it, and so can my 5 year old grand daughter.

The brand is Ozito, and it is the Bunnings home brand range of power tools.
It has a full 5 year warranty on the tool, and a full 3 year warranty on the batteries.
Only BIG dollar items offer warranty like this.

It’s not a super wide cut, but it is perfect for normal blocks, and it only weighs 12kg without the batteries.
Plus you can store it in a cupboard lol.

I have sold all petrol powered lawn equipment and have replaced them with all Ozito equivalents.
I have also sold all of my blue Bosch professional hand tools and have replaced them with Ozito equivalents.

Those hand tool comparison tests (Ozito 18 volt V Bosch 18v) is a story for another day.

5DAEA2A3-F91B-44CD-9DF3-3CE99D48D025.jpeg6470AE15-C862-41C3-A76D-98A183888499.jpeg7332A07F-442B-4C14-BD78-4E5CE738728E.jpeg

Oversize

Grand Master
Wow I haven’t had any good experiences with them but maybe it’s time to have another look?

abl567

Super Moderator
I bought a 36V chainsaw to tide me over while my petrol unit was in for service. It's 99% as capable and 200% more convenient. And you get about 2.5 hours battery life, not continuous but working time.
I'm not sure a battery ride on would be yet up to the task of acres though

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Are we missing the point here There was no mention of Mowers ..Power Tools etc.
It is about Tesla's new advanced Battery and the much safer under Seat packaging.
See the excellent attached Video .......

Michel

The Prince of Arabia