Possibly Most powerful M100 in Sydney

More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
I wonder if the owner has been checking these pages (or other 6.9 websites)? I'm surprised this is the first we've heard of the project... Motec how did you find it and have you done the rounds of postings?

Oversize

Grand Master
Seems like us Aussies are the first to take the M100 so far....

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes done rounds just not Org as it would not let me log in but they only care about Diesels now. And you can post M-100 site couldn't upload pictures. Cam SELfor50 sent me pictures he of the 450SE 6.9 Team W116 fame. :)

abl567

Super Moderator
So is it a 6.3 or 6.9? I can't see any external oil tank....

What's the story behind the build? Will it feature in any magazines?

No 710 cap on the rocker cover indicates a 6.9

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
They told me on phone today its a 6.9 Ant chasing up extra work for my car. Not happy target has moved to having most powerful 6.9 in country . :eek:

abl567

Super Moderator
Why not be happy with the most powerful AND practical 6.9, one that handles. is refined, quiet, comfortable and classy, every thing a two door taxi isn't?
Disclaimer. I bought a '94 ED XR6 wagon new, and loved it. It was quick, 6 cyl smooth and revvy, well tied down and, as a wagon, kinda exclusive;)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
We will see I want it all and I want it now. :D:D:D

Oversize

Grand Master
You do know that manifold won't fit under the bonnet..... ;)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Oh well just have to cut a hole in the bonnet then. And figure out what to put on top maybe XR8 bulge. :)

Styria

The Godfather
Well, excitement times ahead. BTW, I couldn't quite pick whether 6.3 or 6.9 - inclined to agree with Anthony plus, of course, the workshop has confirmed that it is a 6.9.

Incidentally Motec 6.9, how come no one has ever previously known of the existence of this engine and the extensive modifications. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
You Sydney peeps should be ashamed of yourselves!! Such an amazing project happening right under your noses & you didn't even know a thing about it!!;):D

abl567

Super Moderator
You Sydney peeps should be ashamed of yourselves!! Such an amazing project happening right under your noses & you didn't even know a thing about it!!;):D

It's in a Ford. That is all.

Oversize

Grand Master
Ah yes but it opens up all sorts of possibilities for modifications to some of our cars and I can already see the magazine stories featuring the origins of the M100 and info about the 6.9. The exposure will push values in the opposite direction to what we've seen over the last 15 years....

These cars are so undervalued it's not funny!

Last edited:

abl567

Super Moderator
Well put Mark, I expect you are 100% correct

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
It has never been talked about on any forum I know about and I stalk Ford forums as well. All I can say is owner has deep pockets as any XC coupe is worth a lot of money. Just for an idea there are currently 4 Coupes for sale 1 XA Falcon 500 base model $25000, 2 XB 500 $37000 GT $60000, 1 XC Cobra $115000 . Seeing as Cobra was made to get ride off coupe shells it most like is a Cobra but 4.9 version which would fetch at least $50000. That's before any work like what has been performed is carried out. I personally only know off 1 XC coupe that is not a Cobra . It was order as a Fairmont GXL 5.8 Automatic from Gregory's Ford in Braddon ACT. Still with Nephew of original owner. it quiet possibly is worth more than a Cobra. As for more of these intakes watch this space. :D:D:D:D

Oversize

Grand Master
After a couple of magazine articles in SM and the like everyone wanted a 1957 Buick. Even the lesser models became more popular... Not quite as popular now, but the values have definitely increased

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Who knows that intake might be seen under or through a Mercedes bonnet before Christmas. ;) But yes it should help our cause no end. It would be second time M100 6.9 featured in the magazine but this kind off car would most likely be a cover car. Other one was just a feature it was the White 6.9 turned into a Ute on straight LPG. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
This intake should make its way under here sooner rather than later but without the turbo's.

Attachments

• IMG_8458885178352.jpeg
    IMG_8458885178352.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.9 #3.jpg
    6.9 #3.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4

Oversize

Grand Master
Many moons ago there was a 560SEC convertible conversion featured in SM. Very interesting that it had a 671 blower sticking waaay out of the hood. No idea on power but suffice to say it was more than adequate... Unfortunately the styling left a bit to be desired! I probably still have the magazine lying around somewhere